xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Bad News For Geniusalz!  (Read 309 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Bad News For Geniusalz!
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2004, 06:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (geniusalz @ Feb 23 2004, 11:14 PM)
Yes.... you should be able to re-use handles, but keep in mind that the Action Draw list is rendered in a multitasked thread, so you either have to switch to another list without the image, or use a second handle and swap back and forth.

Switch to another list without the image? uhh.gif
I get the part about the second handle

You could do things like change the image after so many lines (Strip Tetris, just like in the Japanese arcades...)

Ummm..... I think I'll pass dry.gif

Actually, the way I set it up, it might be OK to close the image, then load another with the same handle, because when creating the draw list, it takes the texture object and performs an "AddRef" - which means that the Draw List has a say in when the texture itself goes away. Closing the image preforms a "release" on it's part, and reuses the name and such, but the raw texture is still hanging out in the draw list, until you rebuild it.

I just tried out KF's Tetris screen, and it rocks. Just need translucency on the main board.

Now just add the sounds! wink.gif

As for the 3-D effect, give me another day to tinker around. I got stuck with a Japanese engineer who just flew out - wouldn't you know it, we get to the bench and the nasty bug we've been having problems with never showed up!! Now it looks like a hardware issue, but hopefully, I won't have to run tomorrow to the bench to find out. Um, sorry for ranting, but all that was intended to say, "I didn't get a lot fo time today, and tomorrow, I hope to have a little time to take care of more stuff"

I will also soon add ZIP/UnZip and UnRar functionality. This will be a part of the plug-and-play stuff. All plug-and-play modules will be zips.

geniusalz

• Archived User
Bad News For Geniusalz!
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2004, 06:41:00 PM »

If the new http protocol is done, project content manager can be started smile.gif

flattspott

• Archived User
Bad News For Geniusalz!
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2004, 06:51:00 PM »

Awesome BJ smile.gif

Yuyu

• Archived User
Bad News For Geniusalz!
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2004, 08:09:00 PM »

Here's a link to a file that was free for download on Dj Scribble's site awhile back and yes it is a free-to-distibute-as-you-want file... Its a TETRIS Rave Remix... You can play good ole Tetris with some tunes...

TETRIS TECHNO

You will need to right-click and save as...

geniusalz

• Archived User
Bad News For Geniusalz!
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2004, 05:10:00 PM »

Tried it with a pic for each block, and the response is too slow, unplayable, especially when the board is full.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Bad News For Geniusalz!
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2004, 10:07:00 AM »

Geniusalz... I fixed the IF# block problem.

It had to do with the fact that when I encountered a non-block IF statement, while scanning the program for the ELSE or ENDIF, it didn't advance the line count, thus getting stuck looking at the same line forever. sad.gif

Fixed though.... so let's see what Tetris will look like now!!

geniusalz

• Archived User
Bad News For Geniusalz!
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2004, 10:23:00 AM »

Thanks for taking the time to debug.  You'll see it soon (little busy) smile.gif

boomboom

• Archived User
Bad News For Geniusalz!
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2004, 08:57:00 PM »

geniusalz, have you tried using four lines (lighter, darker colors) to give it a 3d effect?
Pages: 1 2 [3]