xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flattspott's News Changer V3  (Read 356 times)

LarryX

• Archived User
Flattspott's News Changer V3
« on: March 10, 2004, 05:27:00 PM »

;# Name: News Changer
;# Author: flattspott
;# Date: 02-09-2004
;# Version: 3.0
;# FileName: NewsChanger.xas

I didn't realize that thread had been started over with just scripting posts...

Great xas...  I almost loaded it up on my box until I saw the IF THEN ELSE's in there and realized 0.9n6 doesn't support them...

My request is this: Add <name></name> (news feed name) to the MXM.xml.  If it doesn't have it create it, and if it does change it.

I think that would be a good item for skinners to use...  For skins that have news feed they could delay the News Feed a moment to first tell what feed it's using...

just a request

Thanks LarryX

PS: tayior7  that  Password Script was just what I was looking for...  Great work...

flattspott

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 07:12:00 PM »

Sorry to burst your bubble, but no version will work with 0.9n6. At least I don't think they will without some editing. I don''t plann on downgrading it myself but you're more then welcome to do it yourself if you want.

I moving ahead into the dialog age for the next version as soon as BJ gets the multiple selection stuff worked out for the listboxes.  

LarryX

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 04:55:00 PM »

Changing News Changer to be compatible with 0.9n.6 I don't think is possible with out some tedious coding.  I was able to to get everything changed except.

%FeedName{index}%

I made a few changes and posted it to the Action Script collection thread.

added ability to change newsfeeds.xml without editing NewsChanger.xas code
added <name>newsfeedname</name> for skinners

I didn't included 0.9n.6 compatible changes in the post since I couldn't make it 100% compatible.

LarryX