xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xml Editor For Mxm  (Read 145 times)

Kthulu

• Archived User
Xml Editor For Mxm
« on: January 22, 2004, 09:27:00 PM »

check this thread out...
http://forums.xbox-s...T&f=58&t=160431

that version won't work for you unless you have a WIP version of MXM, but if i have time, i will convert it to a version you can use.  just keep a look out in that thread.

geniusalz

• Archived User
Xml Editor For Mxm
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2004, 09:38:00 PM »

And xml editing can be done through the 'treeview' element coming up for the new dialogs stuff.

Kthulu

• Archived User
Xml Editor For Mxm
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2004, 04:25:00 AM »

interesting...smile.gif

geniusalz

• Archived User
Xml Editor For Mxm
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2004, 07:39:00 PM »

BJ, how's the current progress going?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Xml Editor For Mxm
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2004, 08:14:00 PM »

QUOTE (geniusalz @ Jan 24 2004, 11:39 PM)
BJ, how's the current progress going?

I'm migrating ActionDraw lists (the collection of drawing commands used by the ActionScripts) and menus to be "SystemUIObjects" - basically, dialogs, menus, and draw lists will exist in a parent-child chain. I'm working out a few details here, and my menus will be XML based.

I may even have a way for action scripts to use the menu system.

ATM, Draw Lists are migrated, and seem to be working OK. Tomorrow I'll be working on getting the dialogs to be drawn (they are now a part of the "system" - but I spent time with the wife instead of fixing the rendering) and menus (menus have been placed into the internal XML)

It's slow going because there's a lot of underlying work. Until I start coding controls, there's very little visual payoff (hence, it's hard to get motivated working the hours I have lately). When I wrap up these two details, I will release an update for you guys to verify that nothing is seriously screwed up with the major changes.

On a side note, I will likely change the embedded variable spec.... changing them from [] to {}. I may do that on the WIP AFTER the next one, since I'd also like to get limited expression support in to make up for the abrupt change. wink.gif

I had hoped to make a lot more progress, but work is in crunch mode. Our lead Japanese engineer has been here for two weeks, and I'd like to get things wrapped up THIS week so he can return home to his family (wife and newborn) - but we've been banging our heads because a software library vendor doesn't properly support a major feature they claim on their web site - and our customer requires we use this vendor's libraries!! Needless to say, we have the customer's rep to this vendor leaning heavily on them regarding this issue. This week doesn't look quite as bad, but there will be quite a few meetings to get these things resolved - which means I don't get much idle time I can spend on MXM  unsure.gif

geniusalz

• Archived User
Xml Editor For Mxm
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2004, 11:35:00 PM »

More venting smile.gif

As long as there is progress, it's cool

I was looking at mIRC scripting recently, and noticed it is very similar to MXM's scripting.  Was that the inspiration?  I thought you said you didn't like IRC laugh.gif

Anyway, expression calculation is good, and drawlists (a.k.a. tweaking for tetris) are good too

Hope that situation at work clears up, so you can get time for more important stuff, like MXM wink.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Xml Editor For Mxm
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2004, 06:13:00 PM »

No, mIRC isn't an inspiration... DOS was.  cool.gif

BTW: I'm adding "MsgBox" as a formal command. It uses the System UI's MessageBox dialog class. It's also a test of a simple usage of a dialog. All of the app message boxes now use this dialog, too (like "About" and Game Info ).

I'm still working on porting over the menu into the system UI, the tough part being the handler that's pretty extensive at this point - but once it's done I can start working on individual controls.