xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New User Script By Dbz And Kf  (Read 105 times)

Yuyu

• Archived User
New User Script By Dbz And Kf
« on: December 06, 2003, 06:03:00 AM »

Does the New User Script, search for an mxm.xml in the directory MXM was launched from and save the new one and backup the old one in that same place? Or does it search the HD in general for an mxm.xml and replace it and back it up?

Example of first question: I have nothing but original M$ stuff on C:, I just installed MXM after putting in my new HD to the F: partition, because my BIOS boots to F: first. I have the new user script to _autoexec in my mxm.xml on first boot, when done using the script, is it going to replace and backup my mxm.xml in the F: drive?

Or does the script require you to modify it to fit your needs where it says....

"Current MXM.XML file has been backed up to $actualpath$\MXMXML.BAK"

XMLSave NewXML $actualpath$mxm.xml

Thanks for the replies in advance...

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2003, 08:11:00 AM »

Ok seperate question from the ones above..

I have this script run from C:\MXMScripts\newuser.xas

It _autoexec fine from my mxm.xml, the only problem is after I input my neywork settings and it gets to the scren where it shows your network settings, and asks if it is ok, I press the "A" button, then it brings up the callfile script error. Looking at the script itself, it appears it is supposed to
GOTO FTPServerNodeStart. Not sure why it would say script failed to execute when there is not another script trying to execute, and how would the script that is already running, the newuser.xas fail to execute?

I hope someone has an answer as this is very important to my work I am doing on "some stuff" :ph34r:

This post has been edited by Yuyu: Dec 6 2003, 04:12 PM

koldfuzion

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2003, 09:10:00 AM »

yes it looks for mxm.xml in the same dir as the mxm xbe.

edit: $actualpath$ is recognized by mxm as the path it was started from, no need to modify it.

it shouldnt error.. i will check it out.

edit: i noticed i never added the delete option to the keyboard for this script.. i will get that done.

I ran the script, and i never recieved the error you was reffering to.

This post has been edited by koldfuzion: Dec 6 2003, 05:24 PM

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2003, 09:09:00 AM »

ph34r.gif  I am workin on. I may need you help with them actually, so if you could join the#mxm channel sometimme today/night I would appreciate the help...

Hoping to have a WIP Alpha by tonight sometime..