xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Action Menus, Install Discs, And More...  (Read 1311 times)

flattspott

• Archived User
Action Menus, Install Discs, And More...
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2003, 11:32:00 AM »

Well, I will be updating the "WIP" tonight with a few more goodies

So does this mean that us common folk won't be able to try this out for a while then?
Just you WIP Beta testers?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2003, 11:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (flattspott @ Sep 18 2003, 03:32 PM)
Well, I will be updating the "WIP" tonight with a few more goodies

So does this mean that us common folk won't be able to try this out for a while then?
Just you WIP Beta testers?

Just those with "WIP" Beta access.

I have to control the distribution until it's ready for a public release, which will be soon.

DBZRacer

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2003, 01:13:00 PM »

Here's the scenario placed in the DVDGameLaunch script:

CODE

SETFUNC DVDTitle XBETITLE D:\default.xbe

BeginDraw UseCurrent
   MessageBox "Checking Disk Status..."
 EndDraw

GOTO DiskCheck

:DiskCheck
   TrayClose
   IF %TrayState% <> "CLOSED" GOTO DiskCheck
   IF %DVDType% <> "GAME" GOTO InsertDisk
   IF %DVDType% == "GAME" GOTO LaunchDisk
   QUIT

:InsertDisk
   BeginDraw UseCurrent
     MessageBox "Please Insert Game Disk$eol$Press A To Continue$eol$B To Cancel"
   EndDraw
   TrayOpen
   Input
     If %_GP_A% == "1" GOTO DiskCheck
     If %_GP_B% == "1" GOTO LaunchCancel
   Quit

:LaunchCancel
   MessageBox "Disk Launch Cancelled"
   QUIT

:LaunchDisk
   MessageBox "%DVDTitle% Now Launching"
   LaunchDVD
   QUIT

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2003, 02:01:00 PM »

QUOTE (DBZRacer @ Sep 18 2003, 05:06 PM)
OK I got a couple more questions. Sorry to ask them now as I'm impatient and trying to play with the scripts at work before I get home to the xbox:

1. Does the GOTO command have the ability to goto <labels> in the code that were stated BEFORE the actual goto command. IE:

CODE

:label1
  commands here
  quit

:label2
 commands here
 GOTO label1
 quit

2. A second scenario would be here where I want it to restart the section of script if my condition is not meant

CODE

:label1
  commands here
  quit

:label2
 commands here
 IF ___ <> ___ GOTO label2
 quit

Yes, ActionScripts are two pass - the first pass gets all of the labels and keeps track of them, then it executes the instructions.

Looping back is fine. Just don't get it stuck in an infinite loop wink.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2003, 02:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (DBZRacer @ Sep 18 2003, 05:13 PM)
Here's the scenario placed in the DVDGameLaunch script:

CODE

SETFUNC DVDTitle XBETITLE D:default.xbe

BeginDraw UseCurrent
   MessageBox "Checking Disk Status..."
 EndDraw

GOTO DiskCheck

:DiskCheck
   TrayClose
   IF %TrayState% <> "CLOSED" GOTO DiskCheck
   IF %DVDType% <> "GAME" GOTO InsertDisk
   IF %DVDType% == "GAME" GOTO LaunchDisk
   QUIT

:InsertDisk
   BeginDraw UseCurrent
     MessageBox "Please Insert Game Disk$eol$Press A To Continue$eol$B To Cancel"
   EndDraw
   TrayOpen
   Input
     If %_GP_A% == "1" GOTO DiskCheck
     If %_GP_B% == "1" GOTO LaunchCancel
   Quit

:LaunchCancel
   MessageBox "Disk Launch Cancelled"
   QUIT

:LaunchDisk
   MessageBox "%DVDTitle% Now Launching"
   LaunchDVD
   QUIT

Well, give it a shot.... You can always liberally sprinkle in bd/messageboxes/ed/input to check things along the way.

I may make an internal script to combine the messagebox stuff... just got home.

macel

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2003, 02:26:00 PM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Sep 8 2003, 03:47 AM)
Yes, 0.9n.5 will be out soon.

That was... 11 days ago.

Has anyone ever stopped to wonder how much certain groups interpretations of time differ?

I mean, when I say to my buddies that I'll meet them at the local pub soon, it means that I'll be there in the next, say, 30 minutes.

Now, when my lovely wife is getting ready for a dinner (or something else that requires special attention to ones appearance) and says that she'll be ready soon, I can relax, flip the box on and finish the season in nhl 2k4.

Then there are our beloved programmers whose interpretation of the word soon is even more cryptical. 'A new version will be out soon' is probably one of the most feared sentences  coming out from the mouth of a codemonkey, it can mean that he's currently uploading the program to the server or it can mean that the development has been terminated and the monkey is getting wasted as we speak.

The last group are the game developers.  Sadly they have abandoned the word soon almost completely. The industry standard seems to be 'when it's done' which lacks the charm and warmth of our loved 'soon'.

And now I have to hurry to pick my aforementioned companion from the station as she is expecting me to pick her up, yes, soon. And if I fail to do so, during the next, roughly, 5 minutes I will most likely become yet another victim of brutal domestical violence.

Edit: Tried to fix grammar and added some text that got lost
Edit2: Failed

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2003, 02:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (macel @ Sep 18 2003, 06:26 PM)
QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Sep 8 2003, 03:47 AM)
Yes, 0.9n.5 will be out soon.

That was... 11 days ago.

Has anyone ever noticed how much certain groups interpretations of time differ?

I mean, when I say to my buddies that I'll meet them at the local pub soon, it means that I'll be there in the next, say, 30 minutes.

Now, when my lovely wife is getting ready for a dinner (or something else that requires special attention to ones appearance) and says that she'll be ready soon, I can relax, flip the box on and finish the season in nhl 2k4.

Then there are our beloved programmers whose interpretation of the word soon is even more cryptical. 'A new version will be out soon' is probably one of the most feared sentences when it comes from the mouth of a codemonkey, it can mean that he's currently uploading the program to the server or it can mean that the development has been terminated and the monkey is getting wasted as we speak.

LOL.... yeah, well, there were some things I needed to include, but couldn't get the time to include them.

Really, I'm nearing the end of the "to do" for this upcoming release.

flattspott

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2003, 04:22:00 PM »

Okay this is what I messed around with;

CODE

Test Actions

Backup EEPROM

BeginDraw UseCurrent
MessageBox "This will backup your eeprom$eol$To continue press A$eol$To cancel press B"
EndDraw
Input
If %_GP_A% == "1" GOTO CONTINUE
If %_GP_B% == "1" GOTO CANCEL
QUIT
:CONTINUE
MessageBox "EEPROM Backed Up!"
EEPROMBackup
QUIT
:CANCEL
MessageBox "EEPROM Backup canceled by user."
QUIT

Restore EEPROM

BeginDraw UseCurrent
MessageBox "This will restore your eeprom$eol$To continue press A$eol$To cancel press B"
EndDraw
Input
QUIT
MessageBox "EEPROM Restored!"
EEPROMRestore
QUIT
MessageBox "EEPROM restore canceled by user."
QUIT

Works nicely. One problem you may want to look into though. When ever I select the action from my menu the soundtrack pauses until I press on a button. This seems to happen a second or so after the message box is drawn.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2003, 04:29:00 PM »

QUOTE (flattspott @ Sep 18 2003, 08:22 PM)
Okay this is what I messed around with;

CODE

Test Actions

Backup EEPROM

BeginDraw UseCurrent
MessageBox "This will backup your eeprom$eol$To continue press A$eol$To cancel press B"
EndDraw
Input
QUIT
MessageBox "EEPROM Backed Up!"
EEPROMBackup
QUIT
MessageBox "EEPROM Backup canceled by user."
QUIT

Restore EEPROM

BeginDraw UseCurrent
MessageBox "This will restore your eeprom$eol$To continue press A$eol$To cancel press B"
EndDraw
Input
QUIT
MessageBox "EEPROM Restored!"
EEPROMRestore
QUIT
MessageBox "EEPROM restore canceled by user."
QUIT

Works nicely. One problem you may want to look into though. When ever I select the action from my menu the soundtrack pauses until I press on a button. This seems to happen a second or so after the message box is drawn.

LOL... yes, the music and videos will pause until the script is done. This is unfortunately not going to change soon (I can pump some of this stuff, but there are bad side-effects I need to insure don't happen - plus it greatly increases the difficulty in ActionScript drawing)

I do plan on fixing it, but for the moment, it's a minor thing.

Tonight I'll be adding:

CALLFILE <file> <Args...>
   CALLSCRIPT <name> <Args...>

as well as a means to define scripts in the MXM.xml file.

Just a few more drawing commands to wrap up and I'll update the WIP

flattspott

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2003, 04:33:00 PM »

And could you clarify what all the EEPROM stuff pertains to. Is (as it is in the WIP) it for NTSC/PAL video and for Locking the harddrive (if you restored an eeprom that was made by configmagic? Or is the locking the HD something else entirely?

If it isn't, maybe you could add it to your things to do list. Something like HDDLock and HDDUnlock

Then I can make the ultimate installer/ Recovery disc, seeing how I won't have to rely on any external apps (other then Evox for Flashing BIOS).

flattspott

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2003, 04:40:00 PM »

LOL... yes, the music and videos will pause until the script is done. This is unfortunately not going to change soon (I can pump some of this stuff, but there are bad side-effects I need to insure don't happen - plus it greatly increases the difficulty in ActionScript drawing)

I do plan on fixing it, but for the moment, it's a minor thing.

Well if that's the case then I can live with. As you said I wouldn't rush to fix either. You know why? Cause some of the stuff that's possible with ActionScripts can mess up your Xbox,(possibly) The pause of the music will cause users to be a bit more alert as to what there doing. This would be ideal for people who let others use there Xbox. The kind of people that just go and push buttons randomly. unsure.gif

I think you should leave it as is if it isn't having an affect on the ActionScripts.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2003, 06:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (flattspott @ Sep 18 2003, 08:33 PM)
And could you clarify what all the EEPROM stuff pertains to. Is (as it is in the WIP) it for NTSC/PAL video and for Locking the harddrive (if you restored an eeprom that was made by configmagic? Or is the locking the HD something else entirely?

If it isn't, maybe you could add it to your things to do list. Something like HDDLock and HDDUnlock

Then I can make the ultimate installer/ Recovery disc, seeing how I won't have to rely on any external apps (other then Evox for Flashing BIOS).

Yes, I intend on adding the HD Lock/Unlock code... after a bit of testing on an old drive, though.

The PAL/NTSC switching no longer touches the EEPROM. IT should be "safe" in that it's effect is negated as soon as you reboot with a power cycle.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2003, 06:24:00 PM »

Well, the latest is up.... have fun. Besides a few functions for SETFUNC, I don't think I'll be adding too much more for now. I might add an ActionScript.xml to pull in handy ActionScripts, or something similar. Feel free to make suggestions.

AutoExec action is there... as is the callable scripts.

flattspott

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2003, 06:47:00 PM »

So then why does one need to back up their there eeeprom then. AFAIK the main thing this would be for would be to have to use in another Xbox if that one get banned from Live. Maybe I just retarded here.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2003, 06:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (flattspott @ Sep 18 2003, 10:47 PM)
So then why does one need to back up their there eeeprom then. AFAIK the main thing this would be for would be to have to use in another Xbox if that one get banned from Live. Maybe I just retarded here.

Well, I added the "Save" and "Restore" EEPROM for good measure.

It's always good to have a backup.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7