xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Matrix Trails Screensaver  (Read 119 times)

n1ckn4m3

• Archived User
Matrix Trails Screensaver
« on: April 12, 2005, 11:27:00 PM »

OK -- as a tremendous fan of the Matrix movie (i don't consider the 2nd and 3rd to be associated with the first ;)) -- I have been on a quest to find the best and most accurate reproduction of the code displayed on Tank's monitor (and throughout the rest of the movies).

Un/Fortunately the best one I have found happens to be the Matrix Trails screensaver included with XBMC.  All signs point to the code being from Media X Menu, but I find little to no mention of it here.

My question is as follows:
Is this based on a current windows screensaver?  If not, is it at all possible to futz with it to make it run on windows?  I don't even care if it runs as a screensaver.  A standard .exe would work fine.  

Whomever programmed it deserves a medal because with the exception of the square code 'glitches' that occasionally happen in the movie but not in this screensaver, it is nearly identical!

Thanks if you can help, thanks if you can't, just glad it works on my xbox :D

n1ckn4m3

skinlayers

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 01:51:00 PM »

My personal favorite is the one from Useless Creations.  Its a 3D Matrix screen saver that resembles the intro to Reloaded, but its very configurable, and you can set it to 2D so that it looks like the original matrix trials.  You can also configure things like color.

skinlayers

X_Splinter

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 11:12:00 AM »

Heres one free which looks like the XBMC one

Download here (torrent)