xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mxm Dead?  (Read 208 times)

EcL|PsE

• Archived User
Mxm Dead?
« on: September 16, 2004, 11:42:00 AM »

hey, i have pretty much used every dash out there for a good while, tried em out, got them working, and mxm was my fave, but there hasnt been any bloody updates in like a year! so i switched my permanent dash to UX which is my 2nd fave, but its not even close to mxm, like sumtimes it freezes when u go to sumthin really quick in the dash, or i cant alwyas get it to connect to my ftp, i have to use a bootdisk, not as good of skins.
yada yada yada.

please BenJeremy, ballpark how much longer it will be if there i going to be another release

thanx, cya

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Mxm Dead?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 12:23:00 PM »

smile.gif . Check out the WIP forum here and you will see... Last night BJ made it so you can change skins without a restart  love.gif

EcL|PsE

• Archived User
Mxm Dead?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 10:04:00 PM »

wicked
how bout start up times etc.

Agent Orange

• Archived User
Mxm Dead?
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 11:05:00 PM »

I'm surprised there aren't point releases.... like I can understand development, but I'm sure there's been points where it could be considered a "stable build" that it could have been released.... there's ALWAYS going to be more features to add....

maybe I'm just getting antsy

PS Live skin swiching is an awesome feature.

flattspott

• Archived User
Mxm Dead?
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 11:35:00 PM »

there's no point releases cause there are so many new things. (lots of bugs/tuning)

ORGANIC_PEPSI

• Archived User
Mxm Dead?
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 05:37:00 AM »

whats with that ux and the boot disk thing?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Mxm Dead?
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2004, 06:16:00 AM »

Yes, I've already explained this in other posts.... the new release has some significant features that don't suit well to "point releases"

I've also said that I will be releasing a version as soon as I complete the plug-and-play stuff. Most of it is in place now... tonight, I may wrap up context menus. The release will be "o" and would be followed up with a bug fix version adding the internal scripts, so it won't be a release for everyone - the follow up will hopefully be the one suitable for everybody.

EcL|PsE

• Archived User
Mxm Dead?
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2004, 06:20:00 PM »

cripes that will be awhile. can u please just ballpark a date for when a public release will be out! i want to go back to mxm.

and that thing bout UX and bootidsk, is i cant get my network to connect to my ux dash, its weird, i always have to throw in a Evox bootdisk to get it to connect.
weird

LatinLover

• Archived User
Mxm Dead?
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2004, 05:02:00 AM »

Hi,

something new about the new release date?

regards

Beelzebud

• Archived User
Mxm Dead?
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2004, 07:33:00 PM »

Take your time BenJeremy.  I have used this dash for over a year, and while it may not have a lot of updates, it's stable and 100% funtional.

I'm really looking foward to seeing a new version, but I trust your judgement as to when is a good version to release.

Thanks for all your hard work.

elfey1

• Archived User
Mxm Dead?
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2004, 08:46:00 PM »

i know, BJ has done such a good job even with the beta releases that u cannot fault mxm. its beeen my dash for over a year. bloody good job but i wish i knew more about what is different about the forthcoming release so i could look forward to it even more.

laters
8l1NK