xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Needed: Actionscript/ui Manual  (Read 51 times)

Yuyu

• Archived User
Needed: Actionscript/ui Manual
« on: February 15, 2004, 08:56:00 AM »

AT the bottom of the actionscript readme I noticed it requests if some person/people could write a actionscript manual... I think it should obviously include the UI also, and should be written in a "For Dummies Format" explaining each tag as it goes along... Once written, it could easily be updated and would be great for people (such as me) who have the functionality and idea concepts, but the follow through on the scripting end is difficult....

I've only written scripts for one thing, and that is ColdFusion 6.1 Servers (in class at UNI and I have 3 running it in the bedroom) so this stuff kinda gets me lost at the moment...

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2004, 09:30:00 AM »

Sombody sent me a Word document (I wish I could remember who.... could somebody remind me?) - it's a start, but it's dated back in November.

flattspott

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2004, 10:06:00 AM »

smile.gif

It's gonna cover everything. The different ways you can use scripts, with examples.
It'll also have clear and simple examples for everything you can do as well as explanations.

And for the newbie scripter I included pics to show what T, L, W an H are and the importance of ZOrder when drawing one element over another