xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Converttomxm 1.0  (Read 129 times)

thetruethugg

• Archived User
Converttomxm 1.0
« on: February 12, 2004, 11:39:00 AM »

I think you forgot to add it requires the .NET framework installed.  But regardless, this is cool.  There's some pretty good Evox skins out there, and now we can use them with ease.

yourwishismine

• Archived User
Converttomxm 1.0
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2004, 12:17:00 PM »

Hey boomboom... just a suggestion/request...

perhaps when you are adding the UnleashX support.. you could make a version/option to convert from EVOX Skins to UnleashX skins..
I wouldn't want to go from MXM to UnleashX Skins, that would be way to difficult and you'd lose to many features.. but the UnleashX TO MXM will rock..

geniusalz

• Archived User
Converttomxm 1.0
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2004, 12:37:00 PM »

Nice!

I might be able to integrate it into skinner (finally!), if it's OK with you. (might require you to make an activex control/dll out of it)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Converttomxm 1.0
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2004, 12:47:00 PM »

Awesome... I was just beginning to think I'd have to do this myself.

On a side note, perhaps the Evox.ini file could also get a similar treatment to convert over to MXM.xml (or soon prefs.xml) - though that might be possibly done as an ActionScript. Then I could include it in the default scripts and use to settle MXM in over top of a previous Evo-X install.

fLEx7325

• Archived User
Converttomxm 1.0
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2004, 12:55:00 PM »

Nice.!. It works good and its simple to use. The only thing is that sometimes the information text  goes past the skin boundaries, but thats probably cuz the font in evox is different. Easy to fix though.

boomboom

• Archived User
Converttomxm 1.0
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2004, 01:06:00 PM »

Exactly.  I can simply include the Evox font in the converted skin.  

I think that the problem, though, is not the size of the font, but the spacing between menu items.

One other problem is that the Evox dynamic texts are much shorter than MXM's... i.e. their CPU temp shows just the temp, ours shows "CPU: 126 deg F" ... so it doesn't fit on a lot of evox skins.

At any rate, I just uploaded a new executable that fixes a couple of problems

(the "halo" skin, for instance, change the menu font to "WHITE" so I had to change the selection font to a darker color to distinguish the selection in the system menu...)

OK - on to UnleashX.  Does anyone have a good UnleashX reference for their skin XML?

yourwishismine

• Archived User
Converttomxm 1.0
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2004, 03:59:00 PM »

I wrote a skin xml refrence for UnleashX a while back.. I didn't get completely finished with it yet.. but if you look at the pinned 'important topics' in the UnleashX forum, you will find it..

Yuyu

• Archived User
Converttomxm 1.0
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2004, 04:06:00 PM »

Actually the WIP version of MXM supports the raw data now for the CPU temp and HD space and such, in other words it just shows the numbers with these new commands, check out the MXM 0.9n6 Bugs thread, BJ updates it with the latest stuff put into the WIP...

geniusalz

• Archived User
Converttomxm 1.0
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2004, 06:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (boomboom @ Feb 12 2004, 11:09 PM)
Cool, I'll make the converter WIP compatible then.

Some issues so far:

1.  UnleashX has an <IntroMovie>mymovie.xmv</IntroMovie> command.  This shows the movie then switches to the main menu when it's done playing.  MXM doesn't have this, I must place a delay in the Delay section.  Is my only option to open the WMV/XMV file and check to see how long it is, then convert that to seconds and place the value in the Delay section?  Can I even open an XMV file on the PC to get this information programatically I wonder?

2.  The globe background is pretty cool.  Does the WIP support this?  I know primitives were on their way.  When they get here, will it support a curved giant sphere like that for the background?

1. There is a tag for ending after video is done

<Layoutelement type="image" source="blah">
<Loop>1</Loop>
<EndAfterSequence>True</EndAfterSequence>
</LayoutElement>

This causes the screen to change when the video ends.  I think delay can be arbitrarily large when this is specified.

2. It can be done, but right now it's very tedious to make one.  Maybe after the sphere elements are done, this can get easier.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Converttomxm 1.0
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2004, 06:25:00 PM »

I'll have to support XMV soon, and as for globes, I do intend on adding ZPoint "primitives" of Sphere, Hemisphere, and Cube when I get a chance.

boomboom

• Archived User
Converttomxm 1.0
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2004, 02:14:00 PM »

Sounds cool.  Do the primitives / Z points rotate?  UnleashX's background "sphere" rotates slowly like the MS Dash does.

BLazeD

• Archived User
Converttomxm 1.0
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2004, 03:56:00 PM »

Very cool work man!

Cant wait for updates

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Converttomxm 1.0
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2004, 04:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (boomboom @ Feb 13 2004, 07:14 PM)
Sounds cool.  Do the primitives / Z points rotate?  UnleashX's background "sphere" rotates slowly like the MS Dash does.

I haven't done that sort of modifier yet.... but that's how I'd do it.

As for targeting a version, target 0.9n.6 first, and just post a warning message for those portions of the skin you can't modify. Perhaps we can work on the ZPoint stuff and minor incompatibilities to make the conversion flawless for the full release while the ActionScripters go to town on the File Manager and configuration scripts and dialogs.

Yuyu

• Archived User
Converttomxm 1.0
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2004, 09:28:00 PM »

QUOTE (boomboom @ Feb 14 2004, 01:19 AM)
Sounds good.  I'll get a list together of some minor tweaks to bring 100% compatibility to both Evox and UnleashX.  Should I target any other dashboards?

Nah that should cover what is needed in the way of a skin converter...

Now if you could whip up some more beautifully animated skins that would be awsome.... I would but I lack one major thing, artistic talent  laugh.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Converttomxm 1.0
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2004, 03:37:00 AM »

Well, there are avalaunch skins.... those probably wouldn't be too hard, either. Like the UnleashX, the skins would have to warn when the cube is used for 0.9n.6, but I do plan on supporting a cube primitive.

Can't wait to see the list of ciritical differences.
Pages: [1] 2 3