xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: System Ui Screenshots  (Read 127 times)

chilin_dude

• Archived User
System Ui Screenshots
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2004, 10:39:00 AM »

Sounds amazing no BJ has gone over it... one piece of advice though would be to have all the current action scripts included in the next release, that are shown in a default 'action scripts' menu. Then the user can simply ' untick ' boxes in the(y) menu

BenJeremy

• Archived User
System Ui Screenshots
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2004, 03:51:00 PM »

OK, a couple new shots posted in the first message. These show the action of the virtual keyboard, which comes up when you don't have a keyboard, but the control needs one (if the control needs one, and you have a keyboard plugged in, you can still access the VK with a gamepad button combo)

flattspott

• Archived User
System Ui Screenshots
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2004, 03:56:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
System Ui Screenshots
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2004, 04:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (flattspott @ Feb 11 2004, 08:56 PM)
Wow, really cool, Correct me if I'm wrong, but by the look of those pics. it would appear that the VirtualKeyboard is positionable (top or bottom of the screen).

Also, is that the way the radio button look on an actual tv too? Kinda jagged?
I'm not complaining just wondering rolleyes.gif

Position depends on the control's location on the screen. If the edit control is in the top half, when it gets the focus, the keyboard is positioned at the bottom - and vice-versa.

As for the look, why not get the updated WIPs and find out? wink.gif

Still rough edges on the stuff that's there, but I wanted to get them out for you guys.

flattspott

• Archived User
System Ui Screenshots
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2004, 04:10:00 PM »

So it's a dynamic Keyboard of sorts. No user intervention needed to put it in the right spot. The cool just keeps getting cooler.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
System Ui Screenshots
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2004, 04:14:00 PM »

QUOTE (flattspott @ Feb 11 2004, 09:10 PM)
So it's a dynamic Keyboard of sorts. No user intervention needed to put it in the right spot. The cool just keeps getting cooler.

Well, even better, it only pops up if there's no keyboard (or in numeric cases, IR Remote) available... in those cases, it's still available, but you'll have to invoke it with the Virtual Keyboard button combo.

Like I said in the release thread, there are still a lot of rough edges, but it's far enough along for you guys to start playing with (as well as let me know the buggy parts)

flattspott

• Archived User
System Ui Screenshots
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2004, 04:29:00 PM »

Okay after I run it, (the testscipt) right after the LoopTest 7 part I get an error at Line 25.
EXEC C:\AUDIO\TEST.XBE is this why?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
System Ui Screenshots
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2004, 04:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (flattspott @ Feb 11 2004, 09:29 PM)
Okay after I run it, (the testscipt) right after the LoopTest 7 part I get an error at Line 25.
EXEC C:\AUDIO\TEST.XBE is this why?

That's because there is no file.... unintentional side effect of my not cleaning up the test script before the update.

What do you think about the dialog?

geniusalz

• Archived User
System Ui Screenshots
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2004, 05:22:00 PM »

Pretty cool

Few thoughts:
Don't make the keyboard popup on focus.  Instead, when a textbox gets focus, draw a rectangle round it, like you do with the rest.  When someone presses A on it, the keyboard can popup.  Pressing B should hide the keyboard (unless it does something else)

Radio buttons are working weird.  All three are 'checked' at once first time the script is run, and clicking any of them and rerunning the script does weirdness to the checking.  Sometime just rerunning the script and exiting a few times causes them to check/uncheck randomly.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
System Ui Screenshots
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2004, 05:31:00 PM »

QUOTE (geniusalz @ Feb 11 2004, 10:22 PM)
Pretty cool

Few thoughts:
Don't make the keyboard popup on focus.  Instead, when a textbox gets focus, draw a rectangle round it, like you do with the rest.  When someone presses A on it, the keyboard can popup.  Pressing B should hide the keyboard (unless it does something else)

Radio buttons are working weird.  All three are 'checked' at once first time the script is run, and clicking any of them and rerunning the script does weirdness to the checking.  Sometime just rerunning the script and exiting a few times causes them to check/uncheck randomly.

On the radio buttons.... that's a clean up issue. That will be fixed in the next update.

As for the VK activation.... RT-Trig+Y will toggle the virtual keyboard, and I see what you are saying about only activating it when somebody "selects" the keyboard. I'll have to consider that; it might require me to remap some stuff. To be honest, I've set up things to handle multiple key maps, but I just haven't gotten around to wrapping up the details and creating new maps.

(Now get back to cramming for those tests tomorrow)

Kthulu

• Archived User
System Ui Screenshots
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2004, 06:40:00 PM »

smile.gif

looks like these new controls will make alot things easier to implement in actionscripts and prettier in code and in visual effect on the screen.  however, i think on-screen prettiness could really be boosted by the ability to do text auto-sizing like in skins.  any chance of that?

also, will we be able to do something like this?

CODE

set myTop 10
set myText "Static Text"

%myText%

Soon, you will have access to the XML, and there is a "reconfigure" capability in the code - change the setup XML and reconfigure, and the display should change.

geniusalz

• Archived User
System Ui Screenshots
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2004, 06:44:00 PM »

You could probably add that node to the xml, and then redraw the dialog using that.

flattspott

• Archived User
System Ui Screenshots
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2004, 06:46:00 PM »

smile.gif

Kthulu

• Archived User
System Ui Screenshots
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2004, 07:06:00 PM »

You could probably add that node to the xml, and then redraw the dialog using that.

ah, i see.  i missed this before...
CODE
OnEvent EventHandler
LoadDialogFromFile MyDialog TestDialog.xml
ExecuteUIOBject MyDialog
QUIT
:EventHandler
; No code here yet...

wheww...i was starting to think that we had lost some power in the process of trying to simplify things.

so now i'm wondering/hoping we can load dialogs from xml in memory and that it doesn't have to actually exist in a file...???

flattspott

• Archived User
System Ui Screenshots
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2004, 08:48:00 PM »

CODE
Because dialogs are created using XML, it should be trivial to either use a prebuilt dialog or dynamically create your own dialogs as needed

from the UI Spec White Paper
Pages: 1 [2] 3