xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Usual Places --  (Read 38 times)

Yuyu

• Archived User
Usual Places --
« on: January 16, 2004, 10:24:00 AM »

Heres a little General IRC info, about Invite Only. Not pertaining to any particular channels, nut just for the publics general information...

When someone wants a channel only "members" or known users can join they make it Invite Only...

When a channel that is not normally Invite Only, is set to that mode, and you are wondering WTF, it was not Invite Only yesterday, it is going to be temporary. Channels set this mode so that new users can not come in, this is done for any number of reasons such as, flooding, an attempt of a channel take over, clening up of the channel management, etc....

So if a channel you know, goes Invite Only on ya, and it was not that way even 10 minutes ago, you can bet its a temporary percaution to get some things cleaned up, then the mode will be undone..

geniusalz

• Archived User
Usual Places --
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2004, 11:37:00 AM »

Sorry fo the 'nasty' response, but I already said that we don't control that channel (and I wasn't even sure what chan you were talking about, on what network), and that you should talk to the people who run the channel if there is a problem.

In other words, I said I can't do anything about any channel being invite only, unless its the #mxm channel.

Xzigx

• Archived User
Usual Places --
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2004, 12:14:00 PM »

I have a work visa, will that get me in?

geniusalz

• Archived User
Usual Places --
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2004, 01:17:00 PM »

Canadian passports or PR cards only tongue.gif