xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wma Playlist  (Read 94 times)

nimbles

• Archived User
Wma Playlist
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2004, 12:51:00 PM »

uhh.gif  !!  sad.gif

edit:

moved it over to the hd cos burning rw's was taking too long- still no joy, by the way pointblank what skin are you using at the mo? Mine's mxm live just wondering if thats where the problem lies?

seems to me that the mxm_skin's entry overides anything put in the mxm.xml as i blanked out the music related entries in the mxm_skin.xml, and i got no music what so ever.

nimbles

• Archived User
Wma Playlist
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2004, 09:45:00 PM »

Ok not really sure why but it works now-

ok so what i did was rip the dvd-r to the xbox hd. Loading that up gives me a dshnoard with many more options e.g. not the the 2 games on the multi but a games, apps, emus etc...- pressing "y" for the options and then selecting "configure"

In skin and misc settings i disabled the internal skins option, and menu cacheing

In Music & sound, Enable Music has a yes entrry similarly with music during video & and random music.

Global music is disabled for me so not sure if that'll cause problems for you- try it with and without. Preview audio has been turned off and i think this may have been the problem- cos before when i went to load the game as it loaded the audio in the wmv would begin to play as the game was loading- now its silent

not really sure why this worked but it seems to work- basically ftp'ed the mxm & mxm_skin .xml files back to the pc and replaced those to in my multi and remade then iso and burned it and it works that way too but i can't access the configuration options when its on a disc ( i guess cos the disc is read only)

Checked in the games saves to see if there was an mxm which needed to be there but couldn't find one- hope fully its sorted for good, but if one of the experts sould shed some light as to why that worked it'd be good to know in the future.

Yuyu

• Archived User
Wma Playlist
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2004, 05:31:00 AM »

ok so what i did was rip the dvd-r to the xbox hd. Loading that up gives me a dshnoard with many more options e.g. not the the 2 games on the multi but a games, apps, emus etc...- pressing "y" for the options and then selecting "configure

Many more options, cause it is now runnig as a dashboard off of HD not a multi-game disk...

In skin and misc settings i disabled the internal skins option, and menu cacheing

Do NOT disable menu cacheing, it will make MXM have to build the menu off of your HD everytime you use it, then you will start to complain about how slow MXM loads....

In Music & sound, Enable Music has a yes entrry similarly with music during video & and random music.

Take a look at this for a DETAILED LIST OF SYSTEM MENU OPTIONS

Global music is disabled for me so not sure if that'll cause problems for you- try it with and without. Preview audio has been turned off and i think this may have been the problem- cos before when i went to load the game as it loaded the audio in the wmv would begin to play as the game was loading- now its silent

This was most likely the cause of your problems, you thought the music was not playing because the preview videos sound was enabled, but it had no sound, so all there was , was silence...

it works that way too but i can't access the configuration options when its on a disc ( i guess cos the disc is read only)

Not just because its read-only, but because it is running from a disc, not the HD, if you configure the MXM dash on the disc, it would have no way to save the settings(Xbox can't burn the changes to the disc)

Once again I would say take a good look at the system menu options, on my website, SYSTEM MENU

Hope this helps...if not post again...

Yuyu

• Archived User
Wma Playlist
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2004, 05:50:00 AM »

For Pointblank....

Ok another thing to do is see what all setting s you have configured (there are a few different places for this)...

Check what options you have selected in system menu for Music, see what you MXM_skin.xml has set for music options, and see what your mxm.xml has for options, and be sure to look out for overides in there...

You may want to try another skin with no music options except maybe displaying the song, make  a new mxm.xml with no music options in it (If unsure of what to do you can use baMXMconfig available HERE, and then use your system menu in MXM to set all options... Which I have a detailed overview of on the MXM Heklp Site HERE

nimbles

• Archived User
Wma Playlist
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2004, 06:29:00 AM »

Many more options, cause it is now runnig as a dashboard off of HD not a multi-game disk...
Do NOT disable menu cacheing, it will make MXM have to build the menu off of your HD everytime you use it, then you will start to complain about how slow MXM loads....

Sorry yuyu, I didn't make myself clear- I always intended this for a multi-game dvd-  I'm still undecided about whether to switch from avalaunch yet- disabling the menu cached shouldn't affect that?

This was most likely the cause of your problems, you thought the music was not playing because the preview videos sound was enabled, but it had no sound, so all there was , was silence...

Yuyu the problem was that the first music track in the default music folder (alphabetically), was just repeating rather than playing the tracks at random from the default folder. I agree with you in that having looked at before and after copies of the mxm and mxm_skin .xml's its the only thing that appears to be different, but i'm not sure as to what the reason is
Pages: 1 [2]