xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Hey Bj, Any Idea On When The Next Release Might Be  (Read 149 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Hey Bj, Any Idea On When The Next Release Might Be
« on: January 10, 2004, 06:42:00 AM »

Well, I have some set goals, and hopefully I'll hammer through the big one this weekend (System UI)- which will make way for a full-fledged File Manager.

If I can get more cooperation from my "WIP" testers this weekend, I will also hopefully solve a nagging problem (Memory Card initialization).

Kthulu

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2004, 10:35:00 AM »

what sort of cooperation do you need?  i'm at your disposal...

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2004, 10:46:00 AM »

Well, with the "WIP"  I need testers to run the DebugServer.exe app on their PC and watch for messages relating to memory card usage.

After the "WIP" message pops up, the DebugServer should automatically come up and when you remove and inseert the memory card (If you have G: you cannot use the first controller at the moment, if not, you cannot use the top slot).

You'll see a message like:

00:00:30.599 I3 SYS Memory Unit Insertion: G: (\Device\MU_7\00004321)

geniusalz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2004, 11:18:00 AM »

What's with the debugserver eating 99% cpu when its idle but connected?

Kthulu

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2004, 11:20:00 AM »

i have no G: i just have an F: but to make sure, i tried it like this...
i had 2 controllers plugged in.  pad1=Madcatz pad2=MS (big ones)  memory was in pad2slotB on boot up.  after nothing happened, i unplugged memory and re-inserted.  then tried moving to different slots on diff pads...this all debug server ever got...
Initialized

Listening for incoming connections on port 7500

Initiated communication with 192.168.0.149

Connected to Xbox!

=============================

Media X Menu

Version 0.9n.7 Beta WIP (1092)

07:03:14 JanĀ  9 2004

XDK Version: 5558

=============================

would you prefer i get these to you via email or PMs or some other medium than board posts?

also, if your sitting in front of computer working on this now, maybe we could IM?

geniusalz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2004, 11:42:00 AM »

Starting without the memory card in, it detects the memcard in all slots on all controllers when I plug it in except slot 1 controller 1 (F?)

I don't have a G drive.  The problem is, I almost always plug my memcard into slot 1 controller 1 when I want to use it.

Anyway, the card shows up in FTP whether I started with it plugged in or plug it in afterwards.

The directory listing in FTP is messed up:
-Through Evox, I see two folders (00004321 and  4d530017), and I can go into the folders and view the contents
-Through MXM, I see the contents of the first folder (00004321) as the drive root.  I don't see the folder itself in the FTP listing.  The other folder (4d530017) is inaccessible.

Size listing:
-Size of all files transferred onto PC through Evox is: 1.25 MB (1,314,267 bytes), 1.28 MB (1,343,488 bytes) on disk.
-MXM reports the size as 1.48 MB through FTP dir listing

And data socket errors are back on, after letting MXM run for a few mins (Last WIP didn't have this problem)
Turning Passive OFF makes it get stuck on:
CODE
PORT 192,168,0,3,19,119
200 PORT command successful.
LIST
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for ls.

Can't reconnect after it does this.  v 0.9n.6 has the same problem, but subsequent WIPs didn't.  This one has it again.

*whew*

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2004, 11:44:00 AM »

Did you override your AutoExec script?

These lines need to be executed in order for the messages to be passed out (Since it did connect)

These can also be types in via FTP using the SITE command:

MSGLOG SETFILTER NET INFO ALL ON
MSGLOG SETFILTER NET WARNING ALL ON
MSGLOG SETFILTER NET ERROR ALL ON
MSGLOG SETFILTER NET CRITERROR ALL ON
MSGLOG SETLEVEL NET 0
MSGLOG SETOUTPUT NET 1.1.1.1
MSGLOG ENABLE NET ON

The 1.1.1.1 thing is a temporary vestige of an older connection method wink.gif

(IM, in the past, sucked up way too much of my time. I'm in a twelve step plan and well on my way toward recovery  laugh.gif )

Boards are fine... perhaps other "WIP" testers will see these and join in.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2004, 11:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (geniusalz @ Jan 10 2004, 03:42 PM)
Starting without the memory card in, it detects the memcard in all slots on all controllers when I plug it in except slot 1 controller 1 (F?)

I don't have a G drive.  The problem is, I almost always plug my memcard into slot 1 controller 1 when I want to use it.

Anyway, the card shows up in FTP whether I started with it plugged in or plug it in afterwards.

The directory listing in FTP is messed up:
-Through Evox, I see two folders (00004321 and  4d530017), and I can go into the folders and view the contents
-Through MXM, I see the contents of the first folder (00004321) as the drive root.  I don't see the folder itself in the FTP listing.  The other folder (4d530017) is inaccessible.

Size listing:
-Size of all files transferred onto PC through Evox is: 1.25 MB (1,314,267 bytes), 1.28 MB (1,343,488 bytes) on disk.
-MXM reports the size as 1.48 MB through FTP dir listing

And data socket errors are back on, after letting MXM run for a few mins (Last WIP didn't have this problem)
Turning Passive OFF makes it get stuck on:
CODE
PORT 192,168,0,3,19,119
200 PORT command successful.
LIST
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for ls.

Can't reconnect after it does this.  v 0.9n.6 has the same problem, but subsequent WIPs didn't.  This one has it again.

*whew*

Well, I didn't touch anything in the FTP, so I don't know why the new problems.

As for the directories, it's because I'm using the XDK mounting APIs for the cards right now, which is what I want to get away from. The Memory Unit mounting API forces specific letters and forces the directory. I can change that, if I can understand the logic behind how the Xbox kernel handles "naming" memory unit devices.

geniusalz

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2004, 11:50:00 AM »

Yeah, I discussed it in this thread too

EDIT: compiler optimization ftp bug

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2004, 11:57:00 AM »

What do you want tested here with the WIP? Memory card access and the contents. Ability of FTP to access correctly also ? Will test all those and anything else....

Wanna make a list of things for me to test, got about 4 hours of free time here, so if you make a list I could systematically test anything you want tested... Other WIP testers could also test, maybe, make a new thread saying WIP TESTERS Please test the following list of items....

Kthulu

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2004, 12:01:00 PM »

i haven't over-ridden the Autoexec.  i powered the box down, put in memory, powered up, (auto boots to mxm) still nothing about memory in debug.  i looked in ftp and there are drives i've never noticed before (G, S, T, U, V).  with mem in, i could go into G and see TitleMeta.xbx, but's there's more than that on the mem.  the 007 save-game-exploit is on the mem.  i removed the mem and couldn't go into G.

i'm sad sad.gif ... it worked for geniusalz but not for me.

geniusalz

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2004, 12:15:00 PM »

It only shows up when u plug the memcard in WHILE MXM is running.
And don't put it into any slot in the first controller if u have a G drive.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2004, 12:17:00 PM »

First off, the debugserver will not get any messages until after you get the "WIP" message box when starting up (do you get it?). It's connecting fine, so the problem is in the filter settings (as I stated above). You should get a ton of messages relating to keypresses and such.

Since the insertion message happens BEFORE the message box (as you have the card installed before turning it on), the debug server never sees that message. You simply need to remove and re-insert it once you get to the main menu screen.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2004, 12:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (Yuyu @ Jan 10 2004, 03:57 PM)
What do you want tested here with the WIP? Memory card access and the contents. Ability of FTP to access correctly also ? Will test all those and anything else....

Wanna make a list of things for me to test, got about 4 hours of free time here, so if you make a list I could systematically test anything you want tested... Other WIP testers could also test, maybe, make a new thread saying WIP TESTERS Please test the following list of items....

I'm looking to see what MXM reports, using the DebugServer app included with the "WIP" binaries, when one or more memory cards are inserted. I get the "Device" as "MU_7" and I'm wondering if others get the same thing, and what happens, in particular with more than one card.

Kthulu

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2004, 12:35:00 PM »

First off, the debugserver will not get any messages until after you get the "WIP" message box when starting up (do you get it?)
i am getting it
It only shows up when u plug the memcard in WHILE MXM is running.
i have done this with only 1 pad plugged into port1 and using the second slot on the pad.  i did not create a G: partition.  as far as i know, G, S, T, U, V did not start showing up in ftp until i started running the WIP
It's connecting fine, so the problem is in the filter settings (as I stated above). You should get a ton of messages relating to keypresses and such.
i do get messages when i press buttons.  i have tried issuing the following command:
using flashfxp and the 'Raw Command (quote)' function.  flashfxp responded like this:
PWD
257 "/" is current directory.
List (cached)
List Complete.
500 Command "MSGLOG" unknown.

i am thinking my problem may be more fundamental (and probably simple).  i got the WIP yesterday afternoon.  has there been another one since then?  i am using a Madcatz controller with MS memory unit.  i have erased the mem and copied a legit Halo save onto it.  i have no AutoExec override.  i have a v1.0 box.  tsop flashed with x2-4977 xbtooled to boot c:\mxm\mxmdash.xbe.  i have the MS dvd kit, region 1...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4