xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is This Availible Or Even Possible!?  (Read 41 times)

Yuyu

• Archived User
Is This Availible Or Even Possible!?
« on: December 16, 2003, 07:29:00 AM »

Actualy screensavers are Executable File (.exe) renamed. You would have to do a vid capture of your screen when it is running (Not sure if you can do this, never tried with my vid cap software) Then convert it to wmv8. Thats about the best your gonna get..

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 08:19:00 AM »

Yeah the "Screen Saver " is the ability to add a video as a screen saver, so whne your Xbox sits for a predetermined length of time, the video begins looping. The "screensavers" are built into the Skins for MXM, and if youlook in most skins media folders you will see the video they used to loop.

NO ONE and I mean NO ONE will be able to get this Aquarium to work in MXM. LIke I said it is a  PC .EXE FILE !!! It is not a video or anything like that, you would have to Video Capture it running on your system, then convert that vid to WMV8 as I stated before. Then you would run that vid as your Screensaver inside your SKin.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 08:25:00 AM »

The screensaver has some limited capabilities, but it will be a bit before it's capable of the complex stuff to do a virtual aquarium.

I'm tying ActionScripting to events and skins soon, so it may be possible, with a LOT of work.... but Xboxes are not PCs, or more specifically, not WINDOWS PCs. Screensaver modules require a lot of support code that just isn't present and doesn't work thrown into an Xbox. Because of this, you will never see an .SCR file (screen saver executables) running natively on an Xbox.

Mordenkainen

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2003, 08:54:00 AM »

Another option (Don't know if you could add this BJ!) Is to have the option for the save to start at a random offset in the video. It would still be the same loop, but it could start in different places.....

HMMMM... I dunno how useful that would be, but I figured I would throw it out there.

Morden.