xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can't Ftp (or Ping) My Xbox Anymore  (Read 73 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Can't Ftp (or Ping) My Xbox Anymore
« on: December 16, 2003, 07:49:00 AM »

You say you can boot Evo-X, but the FTP doesn't work with that, either?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 08:05:00 AM »

QUOTE (SuperDave479 @ Dec 16 2003, 11:52 AM)
QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Dec 16 2003, 05:49 PM)
You say you can boot Evo-X, but the FTP doesn't work with that, either?

Right. It's an extremely old copy of EvoX that happened to be on the CD with my boXplorer disc (not even in English) though. I tried bringing up my previous EvoX from boXplorer and it said loading and went back to the boXplorer program.

Well, I'd say it's likely a hardware issue (cable, maybe?) - doing a corssover is always a touchy thing, nd if Evo-X doesn't work, then the problem is "bigger" then MXM.

Try making a disc with Unleash-X and Avalaunch and try those out, as well... if those fail to serve up FTP, then you'll have to check over all of your networking from outside of the Xbox (Sometimes, these things happen because of the alignment of Saturn's moons  blink.gif ) - seriously, it might be anything, like the NIC settings in your PC, for example.

That's why a router is always recommended; two PCs of differing duplex and speed settings will have no problem, and all the routers I've ever seen (Not hubs, but routers) include DHCP making IP configuration a snap, too.

iphopper

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 07:12:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

Mordenkainen

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2003, 07:55:00 AM »

Issues like this with multihomed pc's (PC's with more than one NIC) are usually cuased by routing isses. The PC knows what interface a certian IP range should be on, so routes the data accordingly, sometimes to the wrong adapter.

Changing the gateway may help. Also changing the ip's....

What IP settings are you using?

iphopper

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2003, 09:07:00 AM »

yeah.  it's routing, wiping the gateway on the second nic (for me, anyway...depends on your setup) works.  

as explained to me by some networking kid, the pc tried to route internet traffic through my second nic, and wiping the gateway on that nic cleaned everything up.

anyway...g'luck.