xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Unleashx  (Read 104 times)

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Unleashx
« on: November 27, 2003, 02:45:00 PM »

load it up in a seperate directory and run it as an app.. i did and it worked fine, didnt interfere with mxm at all.

it has a lot of mxm's features built in.. including a mod of the actionscripting.

any thoughts on this dash BJ?

geniusalz

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2003, 03:05:00 PM »

Has anyone checked out their skin.xml's?  Look pretty similar.

Btw, is MXM GPL'ed?

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2003, 03:40:00 PM »

not sure if BJ was party to it or not,  maybe he was cause he spoke of "new input" options in other threads....but the PXB guy that released this was more or less just thanking everyone big in the scene..and possibly for those that contributed open-source

fireflier

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2003, 04:57:00 PM »

Just installed the same way as KoldFuzion, nice looking dash, very clean and easy to set up.  As for which is better....personal choice as always.  The virtual keyboard is a nice touch, but since I dont have a HDTV yet...lol... the centre of the screen curls in some what.  It really does look like all the dashes rolled into one, but with the total functionality of MXM.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2003, 05:27:00 PM »

Hmmm... I have not had a chance to look at it (just got in from Thanksgiving Dinner at the folks' house).

Was the source code released with it? MXM isn't GPL'd per se, but that's mostly because I'm too damn busy with other crap to do a proper GPL on it.  blink.gif

geniusalz

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2003, 06:06:00 PM »

Haven't seen the source code around.  And I don't even know whether it is using MXM sources.

geniusalz

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2003, 06:12:00 PM »

Seems like the dev (nick: unleashx) has joined the forums.

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2003, 01:00:00 AM »

QUOTE (Infared @ Nov 28 2003, 02:26 AM)
whats better? unleashx or mxm?

and how do u install another dash widout deleting the other one?
thx

mxm

unleashx has some nice stuff though,   skin selection without reboot(this includes adding and removing), speedy fast bootup a very nice virtual keyboard, and editable system options.

skinnability, media, customization goes to mxm hands down.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2003, 05:02:00 AM »

I'm not UnleashX.... though I've considered starting "fresh" - there are just some concepts that I plan on fleshing out first with MXM before doing that.

I'm actually working on a couple of things that will lead to the inclusion of a full-fledged file manager, among other things.

geniusalz

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2003, 05:13:00 AM »

Which brings me to the question: any ETA for the new GUI?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2003, 05:22:00 AM »

QUOTE (geniusalz @ Nov 28 2003, 09:13 AM)
Which brings me to the question: any ETA for the new GUI?

Well, it's been hit or miss while I've been getting acclimatized to my new client (demanding job, long commute) - this weekend will give me more time to work on some things.

I've written lots of notes regarding the implementation of text consoles, and I've incorporated a rather extensively "thought out" debug message logger that will be usable in releases. That should help debug FTP Server issues some are having. I just need to replace all the debug mode stuff with the new message logging system.

I'm also working on the input system, which will be the precursor to any GUI system - as I will be including support for a full, built-in virtual keyboard (finally) and perhaps mouse support.

geniusalz

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2003, 07:17:00 AM »

I was recently looking at UnleashX's skinning features, and noticed they are somewhat similar to MXM.  So I thought it would be easy to implement UnleashX support in skinner, so it can make and convert both types of skins.  Tell me what you think about this idea

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2003, 07:55:00 AM »

That would be cool... the more the merrirer, but I have the impression UnleashX has some changes coming for it's skins.

fireflier

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2003, 08:19:00 AM »

Hey BJ, I think you set the bar with MXM.  The next generation of dashes as we are now seeing are loosely based around this fantatsic dash! UnleashX has made a tremendous first release, but until it has the full function of MXM, you shall still carry the Standard!
Was just reading you previous post above about starting fresh, what avenue's have you considered in a "new" dash?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2003, 08:32:00 AM »

QUOTE (DBZRacer @ Nov 28 2003, 12:09 PM)
QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Nov 28 2003, 07:02 AM)
I'm not UnleashX.... though I've considered starting "fresh" - there are just some concepts that I plan on fleshing out first with MXM before doing that.

I'm actually working on a couple of things that will lead to the inclusion of a full-fledged file manager, among other things.

OK... Thanks for clarifying BJ. It must have been the food comma getting to me last night. But the command lines in the xml looked soooooo familiar I couldnt help but jump on speculations.

The funny thing about this new dash is that everyone is so happy about some of these "new" features when it was mostly all available in MXM already.

Yes... the File Manager is nice, though.... I just have to start busting my butt to get into it again. Nice to have some real competition for a change.

It's just a shame he/they didn't come to me and help me make MXM even better.  sad.gif  I never mind the help!
Pages: [1] 2