xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Post Here If You Want Bloody Mary's Site Back Up!  (Read 72 times)

boxorox

• Archived User
Post Here If You Want Bloody Mary's Site Back Up!
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2003, 07:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (CaTcHa @ Oct 23 2003, 05:16 PM)
[QUOTEThe videos on yourwishismine's we often jerky and/or trailers that featured lots of words and FMV, and very little gameplay. Not something very useful as an MXM preview video.]

Have to agree on that one its been up and down more than a whores underwear (seems like the webmasters a bit of a drama queen!!)
So roll on the xboxsins return. Yeay beerchug.gif

Wow
Pretty classy comment. mad.gif   He was doing the scene a service and if his site was up now, i'm sure you'ld be right up in there.  What do you have to offer besides unfounded criticism.
edit:spelling

Kev052683

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2003, 08:16:00 PM »

beerchug.gif  love.gif

Xtreme-Darkness

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2003, 08:36:00 PM »

YEah put back up till axs is back

bbagnall

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2003, 08:59:00 PM »

Can't live without it! Please please bring it back. The site looked amazing so it's surprising anyone would give it up.

Gonzo_PhD

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2003, 10:34:00 PM »

if possible, it'd be nice to still see the thumbnailed list of available skins then have to go to #mxm to get them. By the way, very nice site while it lasted, the skin previews you had are probably what incouraged me to try MXM in the first place.

I agree - it's all about getting a preview of the skin.

DeVante

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2003, 02:23:00 AM »

QUOTE (CaTcHa @ Oct 24 2003, 12:16 AM)
Have to agree on that one its been up and down more than a whores underwear (seems like the webmasters a bit of a drama queen!!)
So roll on the xboxsins return. Yeay beerchug.gif

Seriously, if you don't have anything constructive to say...

yourwishismine

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2003, 06:46:00 AM »

QUOTE (DeVante @ Oct 23 2003, 03:23 PM)
The videos on yourwishismine's we often jerky and/or trailers that featured lots of words and FMV, and very little gameplay. Not something very useful as an MXM preview video.

That's a strange thing to say... since thank you to the help of Koldfuzion uploading a sh*tload of videos to the newsgroups is where I got approximately half the videos for the site.  Thank you Koldfuzion!!! So basically your by putting down the videos on my site... you are litterally putting down the videos on Allxboxskins as well and insulting not only myself, but Koldfuzion too... I'm sure if you want everyone to think you're nothing but a complainer, you'll keep up the negative comments, which BTW aren't even true.  Yes there are a few videos which were choppy, 6 at the most, but with over 300 videos on the site, 6 choppy ones is not bad. hmmm..
where does this link go...
http://mxm.maryblood.dyndns.org

koldfuzion

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2003, 07:37:00 AM »

QUOTE (yourwishismine @ Oct 24 2003, 03:46 PM)
QUOTE (DeVante @ Oct 23 2003, 03:23 PM)
The videos on yourwishismine's we often jerky and/or trailers that featured lots of words and FMV, and very little gameplay. Not something very useful as an MXM preview video.

That's a strange thing to say... since thank you to the help of Koldfuzion uploading a sh*tload of videos to the newsgroups is where I got approximately half the videos for the site.  Thank you Koldfuzion!!! So basically your by putting down the videos on my site... you are litterally putting down the videos on Allxboxskins as well and insulting not only myself, but Koldfuzion too... http://mxm.maryblood.dyndns.org

well,  I'm not insulted. At the same time the videos i made shouldnt be all that bad.

I capture mine in full dvd resolution and then rencode them to 384.    I used go higher at 768 bitrate.. but that can slow some of the more elaborate skins down.   So to me, none should be encoded any higher than 384.  If you watch them at THEIR 100% size and not full screen.. then they are fine.  If you are complaining about the quality at 200-400% size.... then you need to rethink your complaint.

Now, if somone reencodes the ones from xbox.com, or some other source where the video is already compressed to a low quality, then the final quality after rencoding will pretty much suck. I dont do this. Though i have found a site or two that has high quality mpegs that JLM and myself have used.

I've dcc'd most the ones I've made myself to sniperkilla, JLM, and many others and none have ever complained about the quality.

There have a been a few videos where the game doesnt have a gameplay demo, so i ended up using the intro video or something along those lines.  My capture device lags on the screen... so it would be very stupid to make a video of me running into walls, or crashing because of this lag.

The simple answer is not to complain about what you download, but rather to fix the complaint yourself by encoding better ones on your own, or using jpg's or pngs for your preview.   I would be more than happy to host your high quality 384kbps videos of pure gameplay. I'll even give you a page by yourself with your name all over it just to make sure you get the credit.

trailers that featured lots of words

I've seen these but I havent made them.  I dont like the company ads either and those that I have with them will eventually get fixed. I only capture the title screen for a second or two... then demo play.

yourwishismine

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2003, 07:45:00 AM »

QUOTE (koldfuzion @ Oct 24 2003, 10:37 AM)
well,  I'm not insulted. At the same time the videos i made shouldnt be all that bad.

I capture mine in full dvd resolution and then rencode them to 384.    I used go higher at 768 bitrate..

Kold, your VIDS are great.... they are not "all that bad" at all... they're excellent.  I as well started encoding at 768,, and switched to 384, but I did do about 5 to 7 at 256 (which I don't suggest), but even those weren't bad... 384 is a good point...

To all who don't know... use STOIK to reencode your videos... works like a champ...

CaTcHa

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2003, 04:54:00 PM »

"To all the people that have nothing good to say about the site:

yourwishismine

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2003, 02:23:00 AM »

Quote from: CaTcHa,Oct 24 2003, 07:54 PM
"To all the people that have nothing good to say about the site:

DeVante

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2003, 02:56:00 AM »

QUOTE (yourwishismine @ Oct 24 2003, 03:46 PM)
That's a strange thing to say... since thank you to the help of Koldfuzion uploading a sh*tload of videos to the newsgroups is where I got approximately half the videos for the site.  Thank you Koldfuzion!!! So basically your by putting down the videos on my site... you are litterally putting down the videos on Allxboxskins as well and insulting not only myself, but Koldfuzion too... I'm sure if you want everyone to think you're nothing but a complainer, you'll keep up the negative comments, which BTW aren't even true.  Yes there are a few videos which were choppy, 6 at the most, but with over 300 videos on the site, 6 choppy ones is not bad. hmmm..
where does this link go...
http://mxm.maryblood.dyndns.org

You apparently only took notice of the 'jerky' comment.

It is true that there are only a few jerky ones, but there are a lot more that aren't really gameplay but more intros to the game or something similar.

Anyway, I do appreciate these videos being available, since you didn't have to host them.
I was just stating a small point that I thought.

All in all, I'd rather have the site up than not having the site at all.
I've downloaded a great many video from your site.
Pages: 1 [2]