xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Xbox Temperatures Verified  (Read 470 times)

nonamer66

• Archived User
Xbox Temperatures Verified
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2003, 09:16:00 PM »

Good News or sorta. I think I found the overheating shut off temp or so this is probably really close. 80*C which is 176*F.   I went to Intel's website and did a search on their processors and all of their 733mhz processors specs(assuming the xbox CPU is pentiumIII) all have 80*C as the max temp.

This makes me think that wouldn't this be the same max temp for the GPU possibly?

nezff

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2003, 08:11:00 PM »

i did the same thing. iwent to intels site. the guy at xbox.com i spoke with today told me they did not know the temps for the cpu.  he told me to go and look for the intel pent.III 733 mhz 133FSB proc. and see what the temp is.  80*C which is like 175F  thats alot and i have not seen anyones that high. the only reason everyone is worried about cooling is becuase you can see the temps on evox.  what about before we we all had unmodded boxes and did not know the temps.  i have not heard of anybody losing a xbox modded or unmodded to heat issues.  the cpu is made to get hot, that is what it does, i am pretty damn sure we all have nothing to worry about as far as heat.  I have a 120 gig WD 7200rpm drive and i don't worry too much.  i saw on a modders site that the 7200 drives maybe generate about 2 degress higher temps.

brahm2

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2003, 08:15:00 PM »

did you search for temperature then post in every topic, nezff?

I don't know if you realize this but the original post in this thread is almost 9 months old

smile.gif

nezff

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2003, 03:13:00 AM »

ahh forget u guys! lol thanks

Senates684

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2003, 04:50:00 AM »

I feel the need...my temps:

After 2 hours of halo online

user posted image

Artic Silver III, smart fan running at %50 power

http://www.elitemodz...umName=EvilTrix that orange thing is my smartfan  ph34r.gif

Arch~Angel

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2003, 11:51:00 PM »

Hello,

I have run my own little test and from the Evox Dashboard these are my temps:

Starting game console night: 92F Motherboard & 103F CPU

After a consist gaming night of 9 hours my temperatires are as follows:  95F Motherboard & 112F CPU

Now I know EvoX is not the most perfect item to use for temperatures but it does give a person a good idea of where it is.  As for mods I have done nothing but the 12v Fan Mod.  No fan upgrade, no artic sivler, no heat sink lapping, and now copper heat sinks...  I am not bragging I am just giving my specs so it may help someone else, figure out what they may need...

BTW: I am  biggrin.gif  braggin  biggrin.gif  about playing my box on a 20+ Foot Projection screen with a nice sound system... OOO every gamers dreams, college put to good use...

Take Care All,

Arch~Angel
Pages: 1 2 [3]