xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Check Out My Modification!  (Read 988 times)

the_Watchers_eye

• Archived User
Check Out My Modification!
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2002, 04:25:00 PM »

blink.gif

MartialXboxArtist

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2002, 07:46:00 PM »

smile.gif

the_Watchers_eye

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2002, 02:45:00 AM »

Wouldn't that be the same as the 80mm case fans in my PC case? They are right next  to my HDs.

lushmd

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2002, 08:27:00 AM »

Has anyone tried water cooling the CPU (i.e. as seen here: http://www.hardocp.c...article_id=263)?  I would try it, but I'm have never done water cooling before.  In any case, they report that the overall case temp dropped by about 26 degrees F after the mod.

lushmd

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2002, 08:29:00 AM »

MartialXboxArtist

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2002, 09:21:00 AM »

QUOTE (the_Watchers_eye @ Dec 19 2002, 04:45 AM)
Wouldn't that be the same as the 80mm case fans in my PC case? They are right next  to my HDs.

Do they make these fans with shielded magnets? If so, then you can do that. If it's working out for you, that's great. I just thougt I'd keep anything with magnets, especially 3 of them away from any components and the HDD.

Good luck  smile.gif

MartialXboxArtist

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2002, 09:23:00 AM »

QUOTE (lushmd @ Dec 19 2002, 10:27 AM)
Has anyone tried water cooling the CPU (i.e. as seen here: http://www.hardocp.c...article_id=263)?  I would try it, but I'm have never done water cooling before.  In any case, they report that the overall case temp dropped by about 26 degrees F after the mod.

That is nuts.  biggrin.gif I wouldn't take a chance by running water through my Xbox. That's going a little TOO far there I think...  wink.gif

the_Watchers_eye

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2002, 10:19:00 AM »

The bay cooler that I bought is designed to cool the HD. So I should think it is ok. It also comes with a 3.5" adaptor to mount a HD onto it - in fact I was running my PC HD for approx 22HRs on it.

However just to make sure instead of keeping MMs distance from the 2, in the previous plan, I will cut the back of the HD casing and move the HD further back - which should create a couple of CMs away from the 2 fans - the 3rd I will be chopping that off, since there is not enough space for it.

MartialXboxArtist

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2002, 12:35:00 PM »

beerchug.gif  smile.gif

Majinbuu

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2002, 12:36:00 PM »

Dont worry about the magnetic field, the fans are most likely shielded and i know for a fact that the hard drive is shielded. besides they are only 1 watt each (if im reading this post right. the only trouble ive had with a magnetic field was the tv in the back of my car, i have 3900 watts running two three subs in the back, every time i had them both running full power the tv would go all green/purple. and thats a 3900 watt magnetic field with two unshielded devices. So a 1/2 watt magnetic field near a shielded hdd wont hurt i thing.

BTW- Gackt, that pic is great. Your posts are always intelegent, and I, for one, have no problem whatsoever with you.

Buu

CooLJoE

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2002, 01:06:00 PM »

Yeah, I run an 80mm fan infront of 2 of my harddrives in my main PC. Its actually a built-in spot on the case for the harddrives and a fan.

MartialXboxArtist

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2002, 01:16:00 PM »

biggrin.gif I'd mod it to the max with all the breathing room then!

Icculus

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2002, 07:10:00 PM »

blink.gif
I think i'm gonna start a car audio thread, cause we're all tech junkies here anyway, so i'm not suprised how many people have killer systems  wink.gif

Oh and gackt- don't listen to them, your posts are always appreciated, but i'm curious about what M3 Del said: are you a japanese music star?  cool.gif

Majinbuu

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2002, 08:46:00 PM »

Me? I run two 12's at 1100 watts (Audiobahn Flame Q's) and an 18" at 1700 watts it was custom made at a place here in town. I dont often use the 18 cos it's pointed up at the top of the trunk (for effect hehehe) and it uses up so much power (hence my reference to two and three subs, habit), once i fliped the switch on my capacitor bank (4 X 1 farad) and the car stalled! had to get a jump off my friend (since then ive added a switch for each so i can charge them one at a time). the car is complete with nice midrange speakers and tweeters. When i get the whole capacitor bank charged i have about 5 minutes worth of friggin body thumping bass, you feel it inside everywhere. If i just run the two Flame Q's i dont have to worry about browning out (as ive come to calling it). its a $2.5k system in a $1.5K car! Getting a jetta though.

Majinbuu

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2002, 08:47:00 PM »

Yay! im an X-S Wannabe!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12