xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Trouble Updating Menu.xml  (Read 32 times)

DBZRacer

• Archived User
Trouble Updating Menu.xml
« on: August 07, 2003, 08:45:00 AM »

bump up for the morning crowd....

DBZRacer

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2003, 02:40:00 PM »

Looks like a really slow day today... but i still ended up in the 2nd page!

Bump up again for an explanation as to whats going on with my menu...

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2003, 03:28:00 PM »

The problem, I think is that none of us can examine your system and it's layout to understand why you are having a problem.

The menu looks fine.

DBZRacer

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2003, 04:05:00 PM »

blink.gif

I can post the complete xml files if needed but I didnt see a need for that unless it would really help.

And just to note, I had a similar problem when originally coding the first menu.xml file. I was trying to nest the dashboards submenu within my apps/utils submenu but i could never get the ms dashboard entry to show, but EvoX's entry worked. Sometimes it wouldnt show the ms dash entry, sometimes, I would get a partial listing, etc...  So I just moved the entire dashboards submenu to the top along with the games, apps, etc.

Oh wells... if no-one else is having this problem then it's probably just a bug with my xbox. I'll test some more today when I get home....  beerchug.gif

DBZRacer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2003, 10:42:00 AM »

OK I finally got things to work...

I had to delete the menu.xml file and cache file first before uploading the new update menu.xml file. I do not know why this works but I'm assuming it may have somethng to do with MXM currently using the file while uploading? I dont know, oh wells, i guess thats how I'm gonna have to upload my new menu.xml files moving forward!

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2003, 11:11:00 AM »

QUOTE (DBZRacer @ Aug 9 2003, 02:42 PM)
OK I finally got things to work...

I had to delete the menu.xml file and cache file first before uploading the new update menu.xml file. I do not know why this works but I'm assuming it may have somethng to do with MXM currently using the file while uploading? I dont know, oh wells, i guess thats how I'm gonna have to upload my new menu.xml files moving forward!

Hmmmmm.... check your FTP Client's settings. If you have it set to automatically "Resume" when the destination file is smaller than the source file, it could have been tacking the end of your new file onto the end of the old menu.xml file.

Not an MXM problem, of course, because it's the FTP Client, such as FlashFXP, causing the problem.