xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tutorial Contest!  (Read 78 times)

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Tutorial Contest!
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2003, 02:03:00 AM »

QUOTE (flattspott @ Aug 7 2003, 08:35 AM)
How about a tutorial of sorts in the form of a windows help file. This way it can be packaged with any MXM related PC applications like Menu Editors, Skinners etc.

BTW, what are the prizes?

Dude it shows them on the x-s front page....there are some very nice ones!
Its from liksang.com

Posted on Aug 7 2003, 12:28 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(chilin_dude @ Aug 6 2003, 02:55 PM)
Well.... I would like to do a evo-x to MXM guide.... it would be step by step and would define what you NEED to do and what is optional (but better) to do... It would include the basics...up to how to add each game and tag seperately! 

Actually, since I just finished the complete switch from evox to MXM this past week, I was thinking of putting something along those lines together. (before I found out that theres a tuts contest now)

I'll see what I can put together and maybe share it with you for completetion...  

Well we could do a joint one or something beerchug.gif

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Tutorial Contest!
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2003, 02:22:00 AM »

QUOTE (flattspott @ Aug 7 2003, 08:35 AM)
How about a tutorial of sorts in the form of a windows help file. This way it can be packaged with any MXM related PC applications like Menu Editors, Skinners etc.

BTW, what are the prizes?

Dude it shows them on the x-s front page....there are some very nice ones!
Its from liksang.com

Posted on Aug 7 2003, 12:28 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(chilin_dude @ Aug 6 2003, 02:55 PM)
Well.... I would like to do a evo-x to MXM guide.... it would be step by step and would define what you NEED to do and what is optional (but better) to do... It would include the basics...up to how to add each game and tag seperately! 

Actually, since I just finished the complete switch from evox to MXM this past week, I was thinking of putting something along those lines together. (before I found out that theres a tuts contest now)

I'll see what I can put together and maybe share it with you for completetion...  

Well we could do a joint one or something beerchug.gif

Schweeze

• Archived User
Tutorial Contest!
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2003, 04:36:00 AM »

Yea yea, the evox go mxm setup would be very helpful! Well, for me atleast. There's one tutorial out there on the web (don't remember where) that's pretty good, but i got confused in a couple parts, so i just dragged the .xbe file into the mxm folder in my apps directory.. and let it set itself up.. which has got to be the easiest dashboard setup ever. Anyway, getting more advanced and making the .xml files and whatnot takes some work.. and a tutorial for it would be great!

Shafted!

• Archived User
Tutorial Contest!
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2003, 09:37:00 PM »

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Tutorial Contest!
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2003, 07:16:00 AM »

QUOTE (Xzigx @ Aug 7 2003, 04:52 PM)
well there seem to be a lot of indians, but no chiefs here, GO FIGURE.  anyway.  Now should be the time to actually decide what needs to be put into the tutorial and then get an Irc chat going so everyone can add input and log the session for posterity.  Everyone could then take on a different section and create a new thread here detailing their progress and area of "expertise"

Just my two cents wink.gif

Yeah, it was my intention to let you guys sort out what pieces you wanted to break off and do.

I've been pretty busy of late. Yesterday I picked up the makings of my next "main system" - and after slapping it together, getting Win2000 to see the hard drive on the Promise RAID controller to format the partition - ugh - but it's lightning fast (power on to boot in 3 seconds - with 1GB of RAM on full check!!)

nObedienz

• Archived User
Tutorial Contest!
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2003, 07:29:00 AM »

3 seconds, hum, that is fast

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Tutorial Contest!
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2003, 07:35:00 AM »

QUOTE (nObedienz @ Aug 9 2003, 11:29 AM)
3 seconds, hum, that is fast

I wish the Win2k install was a bit faster though.... 160GB hard drive and it's going ot take like an hour to format it. sad.gif but when the drivers are running full out, the thing should blink through that bandwidth in no time at all (ATA133).

The motherboard is an ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe. I can set up Serial ATA drives in RAID configurations  blink.gif My video renders should go really smooth, and I think the most time I'll spend on compiling a new Xbox app will be the time to transfer it to the Dev Box  biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 [2]