xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Should I Change To Mxm ?  (Read 71 times)

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Should I Change To Mxm ?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2003, 06:57:00 AM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Jul 28 2003, 03:31 PM)
QUOTE (Kernal @ Jul 28 2003, 10:26 AM)
Can I have MXM running without anything else on my XBOX, I don't need Evox or anthing like that do I ?

Cheers

Kernal

Well, I always recomment keeping Evo-X and other utility apps handy on the system. It doesn't hurt to have them in a utils directory on your F:, for example.

Even better is to run X-Select to have several dashboards at your convenience on startup.

you should be able to find x-select in the usual places.  

As BJ said it allows you to run multiple dashboards.. and you can choose which one you want to load during bootup just by pushing a button.

Its a safety measure if anything. Just in case something doesnt go right.

Crash N Burn

• Archived User
Should I Change To Mxm ?
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2003, 07:03:00 AM »

So would I move evox to my F drive and place it in another folder then install MXM on my C drive ?

The first thing I would recommend is loading MXM on your F: Drive & get the hang of things . Once you feel comfortable /w MXM then throw it on C: .

You won't regret going to MXM . But being a new user IMO I would use it as a second dash til your confident (which you will be) in using it as a primary .  wink.gif  beerchug.gif

Another thing is read up on some of these topics in this forum . Nobody here flames people for wanting to convert  (we try to stop the flaming before it even starts, flaming gets NOWHERE  mad.gif !!!). But it does get quite tyrsome to see the same thing over & over again  sad.gif . I'm not saying you are or will be one of those guys. There's just so much info on MXM here, once you read up you may not need to ask anything . wink.gif    AND YES this forum is 'That DAMM GOOD' .

,,..........................................Crash N Burn

lookformeb

• Archived User
Should I Change To Mxm ?
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2003, 08:27:00 AM »

that's it... i'm switching from evox.  i am convinced.  ;-)

boxorox

• Archived User
Should I Change To Mxm ?
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2003, 09:43:00 AM »

If you put in F in the apps folder, it should show up as a menu option on your evox dash APPS menu

DBZRacer

• Archived User
Should I Change To Mxm ?
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2003, 10:30:00 AM »

laugh.gif

I am in the process of downloading the vids and pngs from various places on the web including oswalds site!  beerchug.gif thanks bro... I took my first step with MXM last week when I launched it as a plain default.xbe file and have been busy reading up on it since then. and since then, BJ has released how many diff versions! hahahahaha I'm gonna have to keep up.

My only gripe so far is that my 120giger is filled with apps and games and is taking me forever to config my menu file! It was fine and dandy to do the auto add with evox since all I got from my games folder were the names/titles. But now I FEEL the NEED to manually configure EVERY SINGLE GAME AND APP I have with dope ass thumbnails and videos!

I'm sure theres going to be quite a few more posts from me here in the MXM forum  biggrin.gif

DBZRacer

• Archived User
Should I Change To Mxm ?
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2003, 11:25:00 AM »

QUOTE (blatchy @ Jul 28 2003, 11:49 AM)
Why do you feel the need to config every app?  About the only thing I do specifically to each add is add movies or thumbnails. As long as I set up my directory and paths correctly, autodir find everything fine.

Isn't that what I just said?

QUOTE (DBZRacer @ Jul 28 2003, 11:30 AM)
But now I FEEL the NEED to manually configure EVERY SINGLE GAME AND APP I have with dope ass thumbnails and videos!

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Should I Change To Mxm ?
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2003, 11:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (DBZRacer @ Jul 28 2003, 03:25 PM)
QUOTE (blatchy @ Jul 28 2003, 11:49 AM)
Why do you feel the need to config every app?  About the only thing I do specifically to each add is add movies or thumbnails. As long as I set up my directory and paths correctly, autodir find everything fine.

Isn't that what I just said?

QUOTE (DBZRacer @ Jul 28 2003, 11:30 AM)
But now I FEEL the NEED to manually configure EVERY SINGLE GAME AND APP I have with dope ass thumbnails and videos!

Well, I think what he's getting at is that it's not really required to set up a big menu with all of the info plugged in. MXM was designed to make it easy to use preview videos and thumbnails by simply using files dropped into the game directories with specific names.

Kernal

• Archived User
Should I Change To Mxm ?
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2003, 12:43:00 PM »

wink.gif

I am trying to use x-select, does the MXM dash have to be on the C drive
or can I configure x-select to look on my F drive under apps ?

Thanks

Kernal

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Should I Change To Mxm ?
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2003, 02:09:00 PM »

QUOTE (Kernal @ Jul 30 2003, 04:43 PM)
Well I am nearly there  wink.gif

I am trying to use x-select, does the MXM dash have to be on the C drive
or can I configure x-select to look on my F drive under apps ?

Thanks

Kernal

It only looks at the roots of C:, E: and F: for "dashboards" in the configuration menus, but you can MANUALLY edit the dashes.txt file to point to anywhere in the system (look in the readme, it's all in there.) When it sees an entry that is in a subfolder, it displays "<OTHER>" - because long paths would likely screw up the config display; the path is there, you just can't change it to anything but a root folder-based app.

(MXM could be launched from F:\ though, too.)
Pages: 1 [2]