xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Master Directory For Preview Files  (Read 67 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Master Directory For Preview Files
« on: July 24, 2003, 01:59:00 PM »

QUOTE (d.i.z @ Jul 24 2003, 05:39 PM)
* Master Thumbnail and Media directories to pull images/movies out of. How will it work? Image will be named with one of the following methods:
- tn0x00000000.* where the base name is the hexadecimal representation of the game's XBE ID
- tn99999.* where the base name is the decimal representation of the game's XBE ID
- tn(xxx).* where 'xxx' is the XBE embedded name with underscores replacing any spaces.
'tn' prefix is for Thumbnails, 'pv' for preview media. Of course, the extension can be bmp, png, tga, jpg or wmv.
If there is no specific media or thumbnail entry for an item, MXM should access the appropriate master directory and use the image there, if it's found.
This will let you put a large chunk of your media in one place

That's what changelog says but I didn't found any info in manual, about specifing this directory (I suppose it should be placed in mxm.xml but in what section and how it's suppose to be named?).
Or maybe it should be directory in MXM's directory?

These are "To Do" Items....

Thoughts, ideas... things I'm aware of and May or May Not change.

I've been kicking around the idea, and it might make an appearance in 0.9o

But for now... I've got to get 0.9n.2 ready wink.gif

tracy2420

• Archived User
Master Directory For Preview Files
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 04:14:00 PM »

Why dont you just make a dir on e and put all your vids and pic files in there.  Then edit your .xml file to point to them.  It works for me flawless.