xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Mxm Launcher Release  (Read 156 times)

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Mxm Launcher Release
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2003, 09:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (whoknew @ Jul 23 2003, 05:41 AM)
No Problemo.... BTW, why haven't you opened up AXS by going to www.allxboxskins.com yet? it seems pretty stable... or do you not have a gajillion evox skins?

yea. I think its stable. And hopefully more secure this time.  

I am desperately waiting to hear from our host if they had a data backup or not.  There is still a lot of information missing,  author names, correct skin names, subscribers etc.. and would rather have a restore while its "closed" than open it only to restore later.

I was suppose to hear something today... but it didnt happen.

I was going to lock it down all the way.. but thought people might find it nice to download skins and inform us of any errors while we waited,  which, some have done (thanks 2 all of u)

I will open in tomorrow afternoon.. no matter what.

jizzlobber

• Archived User
Mxm Launcher Release
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2003, 09:39:00 PM »

that's good to hear mate, AXS is one sweet site and we are stoked to see it survive.

X-eQteR

• Archived User
Mxm Launcher Release
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2003, 12:08:00 AM »

It's really sweet skin, however i agree with most of the people...the font is giving it a different taste! hope u guys find a better matching font so it will give this skin a 101% result!....I do love it...nice work guys!

Izrun

• Archived User
Mxm Launcher Release
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2003, 05:44:00 AM »

wink.gif

-Izrun

whoknew

• Archived User
Mxm Launcher Release
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2003, 11:07:00 AM »

Ok, for those with problems of the font kind, we will probably release a version 1.1 with a different font for the menu.. and hardware stats, etc. Probably tomorrow or today.

whoknew

• Archived User
Mxm Launcher Release
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2003, 11:24:00 AM »

OK, i just created MXM Launcher v1.1, which has a more readable menu and hardware statistics font. you still need to d/l the original file, and after you d/l this, replace the old MXM_skin.xml with the new one.

Download it here.

stig

• Archived User
Mxm Launcher Release
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2003, 11:30:00 AM »

One question. Is there a way to make the selected text be in the middle instead of at the top?

whoknew

• Archived User
Mxm Launcher Release
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2003, 11:34:00 AM »

No, it always is at the top... i know of no way to change that. and a few previews...

Screen Cap card:
user posted image
MXM Cap Method:
user posted image

stig

• Archived User
Mxm Launcher Release
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2003, 11:38:00 AM »

Actually I was able to change this.

I changed the <SelPos> tag in the Menu element from 0 to 2 and it's dead in the center.

MUCH easier on the eyes IMO. Now my eyes don't have to scroll all over to see the title and preview.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Mxm Launcher Release
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2003, 12:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (stig @ Jul 23 2003, 03:38 PM)
Actually I was able to change this.

I changed the <SelPos> tag in the Menu element from 0 to 2 and it's dead in the center.

MUCH easier on the eyes IMO. Now my eyes don't have to scroll all over to see the title and preview.

The downside of this approach, though, is that if the title is too long, it will crash with the preview window.
 ohmy.gif

whoknew

• Archived User
Mxm Launcher Release
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2003, 12:13:00 PM »

Well, you can change it if you want. I'm sorry but im not gonna release like 20 different versions... that menu font change one was just because a lot of people wanted it.

ub312g0d

• Archived User
Mxm Launcher Release
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2003, 12:47:00 PM »

updated my dload site,

Dalma

• Archived User
Mxm Launcher Release
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2003, 12:51:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

There 100s of cool weird fonts more readable and the goodlooking skin would come more to its expression.

Now when you look at the skin you only look at the weird font.

Just my opinion, besides that it looks awesome!

nObedienz

• Archived User
Mxm Launcher Release
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2003, 05:51:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

whoknew

• Archived User
Mxm Launcher Release
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2003, 07:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (KAC @ Jul 24 2003, 08:29 AM)
OK, I tried this thing yesterday.  It's pretty kewl but I just didn't dig the fonts.  I'll give the 1.1 font a try tonight.

One sugeestion....how about having the newsfeed area automatically toggle to the name of the song that's playing in the background for those (like me) who don't have internet access at home?  I just happen to live in an area that doesn't offer high speed internet   sad.gif   so i do all my internet stuff at work.  The newsfeed area is just a waste of space for me and I'd much rather have the name of the song appear there.

there is one problem with that... if someone were to have their newsfeed headline change every 2 secs, and i make it switch  between soundtrack name and newsfeed every 3 secs, then you miss a headline every once in a while.. it just doesnt work out...yet smile.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3