xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New Mxm Website  (Read 959 times)

ray12944

• Archived User
New Mxm Website
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2003, 04:17:00 PM »

QUOTE (vidgms4me @ Jul 20 2003, 11:31 PM)
okay.  I'm no lawyer or anything, but hosting MS compiled code may be risky.  The XDK contains a lot of things copyrighted by MS, and at least some of that would be included in a binary.  Some MS copyrighted elements in xdk compiled code would potentially make binaries illegal.  Not sure though.

And the recent destruction of sites such as Bitable's Download site show that these items are potentially illegal.

Just my 2 cents, correct me if I'm wrong.

Well you might have a point,  But I really dont think M$ will pay much attention at one
homebrew program hosted,  If I was hosting the M$ dashboard or any game then I would be in deep.  But if anything comes up Ill send them over to BJ  LOL biggrin.gif

Im Still working on the site , Added a couple of links more  its coming along OK

P.S. Oh yea by the way,  Anyone care to help by Making a detailed Tutorial on how to make a DVD-R game compilation with MXM.   I would do it but dont have a way to test it, I dont have a DVD Burner.  This is the only Part that Needs a good tutorial for Newbs.
Maybe with caxtion or xISO I dunno,   Any help would be appreciated,and of course you will get all the credit and be tanked by all the Newbies. tongue.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
New Mxm Website
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2003, 04:56:00 PM »

QUOTE (Fisben @ Jul 20 2003, 08:39 PM)
Site looks great ray12944 good job on the detail I found this listed on your site.

Note: MXM does not like PNG Files created in Paint Shop Pro, It will cause problems so don't use those.

That bytes hard because I do not have adobe, and the problem might be related to any thing that paint shop pro puts out because I have redone them over again and still some times they work and some times they don't I have saved them as different formats listed and that does not seam to matter I will keep working on this and see if I can figure out what it is I am doing wrong.

again good job on the site.

Well, it's technically more accurate to say Micr0s0ft doesn't like PNGs created by PaintShop Pro, since it's their libraries (based on the freeware "reference" PNG library, no less) that fail on the images.

The tough thing about user submitted media is that "normally" apps only handle that media carefully prepared by a developer, so it's been well tested to work before it ever gets released for publishing. So when media doesn't conform because of the tools, there's little that can be done to fix it, short of using entirely new libraries.

ray12944

• Archived User
New Mxm Website
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2003, 09:45:00 PM »

laugh.gif

theultimatechuff

• Archived User
New Mxm Website
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2003, 10:21:00 PM »

Looking good ray12944, was thinking about offering to do a site for MXM. Give me a shout if there is anything you need.

TCB

• Archived User
New Mxm Website
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2003, 01:47:00 AM »

laugh.gif

ray12944

• Archived User
New Mxm Website
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2003, 07:56:00 PM »

smile.gif

P.S.  TCB Thanks for the Support in your Signature

BenJeremy

• Archived User
New Mxm Website
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2003, 08:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (ray12944 @ Jul 21 2003, 11:56 PM)
Thanks for the support guys,  I cleaned things up abit, Hopefully caught the Spelling Goofs,  
added more FAQ's and some more pics

Havent had any bad feedback yet so I think Its doing its job smile.gif

P.S.  TCB Thanks for the Support in your Signature

I'd add it to my signature, but with the current restrictions... it's a bit of a hassle (even for mods).

I'll try and get the tuts page updated, though...

ray12944

• Archived User
New Mxm Website
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2003, 09:06:00 PM »

cool.gif

,   Just thought of something tho.
I should of put something like Newbies this might help,  MXM Users Manual or something like that insted of Just New MXM website in the Title, so people looking for this kind of info would bother to look.

Maybe you can work your magic there
beerchug.gif

gainpresence

• Archived User
New Mxm Website
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2003, 04:59:00 PM »

Only problem I can see is that you're linking to a site that hosts XDK binaries on these forums, which has always been against the rules.

ray12944

• Archived User
New Mxm Website
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2003, 07:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (gainpresence @ Jul 23 2003, 12:59 AM)
Only problem I can see is that you're linking to a site that hosts XDK binaries on these forums, which has always been against the rules.

Oh Dam! I am?  What site is that?? ,  can you please tell me wich one or PM me if you cant post it(of course ) tongue.gif
I thought all I had was links to Videos Skins Or help files.
Is it one of the FTP ones.  Or is it the Download?

Anyways Im not posting any directl links here does that matter??

dont worry Ill change a couple of links if I need to just need to know witch ones

And everyone Thanks for all the good Feedback cool.gif

ray12944

• Archived User
New Mxm Website
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2003, 08:13:00 PM »

sad.gif ,
Dont want to brake any Rules here, and it could be braking other rules
from my ISP anyways.  I'll include a more detailed Usual Places page instead.
Maybe a Mirc Tutorial and so on.

The site is growing,  a lot of problems im reading are on teh FAQ's
allready,  and im updating stuff as things come up.

anything else  contact me dont be shy biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 [2]