xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Instaloing New Hard Drive  (Read 56 times)

ub312g0d

• Archived User
Instaloing New Hard Drive
« on: July 14, 2003, 11:41:00 AM »

as for now I believe the only way to do is to install evox first then ftp mxm to the xbox and change the default.xbe of mxm to evoxdash.xbe, renaming the old evoxdash.xbe to nexgen.xbe would be smart as well just incase you delete evoxdash.xbe on accident.

thetruethugg

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2003, 01:21:00 PM »

Well, you might be able to boot a MXM cd.  Start an FTP, and send FTP commands to format, as outlined Here.  But, I'm not sure if that'll work..

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2003, 01:27:00 PM »

I actually have a Auto _MXM plus all apps and games disk. if theres demand i'll up it to a.b.xbox

tracy2420

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2003, 03:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (kray4737 @ Jul 14 2003, 10:13 PM)
doees any of you have a biiger hard drive on their xbox and use mxm. And if any of u do how did u install a nwe hard drive and do everything to get mxm to work.

I was thinkin of installing a new hard drive and then reformat the drive using evolution x and then later on jus use x selector and put mxm on it.

would this work

If you want to do it the easy way, just find slayers install disc and the do what ub312g0d said.  Just try to get to know how your xbox works and dont forget to backup your C drive or whatever you have on your old HD.  Good luck!