xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Just Downloaded Mxm V.0.9m...  (Read 107 times)

a2002adam

• Archived User
Just Downloaded Mxm V.0.9m...
« on: July 04, 2003, 05:52:00 PM »

smile.gif) and have also put the new x-selector app onto the hdd. I've decided from what people have said MXM is one of (or simply) the best, so I've just downloaded it, had a quick look-see to find out what it's all about, read a n00b guide, and came to the decision that I'm too lazy/confused to work out how to do it.

I was wondering if it's possible to put the matrix skin on there and leave MXM to do all the figuring out (i mean not putting in a mxm.xml file and just directing it to the matrix skin, and let that set it up).

Alternatively, are there any basic files people have made that include everything so I just have to add the directories that the folders and programs are in, and also includes code for linking to the matrix skin?

I know this must have been asked a million times, so if you can't be bothered to tell me (over again), please can you redirect me to any posts/websites that have such a file/guide set up. Oh yeah, I tried just putting the files from the MXM folder directly to the xbox after i'd downloaded it, but it just carried on with the matrix media-x menu screen, and i couldn't get any further or get out of it. Thanks

simbot82

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2003, 07:11:00 PM »

It didn't hang on the media x matrix screen, you just needed to give it time to search your hardrive for games/apps/emulators. Put all files except newdefault,(as that is the default skin folder) if you want to use the matrix skin, in your C: and give the xbe an appropraite name. Link it to evox for the time being until you discover MXM brilance and run it. Allow the menu to creat a cache_menu.xml(i think thats it) which list all the drives you have executables on and if possible provide thumnail pictures. Conversely you can edit the menu.xml file within every skin to your particualr liking. Hope this helps.

StrongBad

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2003, 07:32:00 PM »

Want everything done for you? Try Myx-Lite.  What you'll do is name three menu items.  Let's say Games, Emus, and Apps.  Then you tell the program where those categories exist on your Xbox.  Let's say F:\Games, F:\Emus, and F:\Apps, then generate the menu.xml and upload to your xbox.  If you want the matrix skin, just upload it to your MXM directory on your Xbox.  And remove NewDefault.  That way you only have one skin to pick from.  In the next MXM, due out in a couple days, you'll be able to select the skin you want from inside MXM.

jizzlobber

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2003, 09:52:00 PM »

a2002adam- I was in your position a couple of days ago and I all I needed was .xml help
there's a thread in this forum (I just replied in it) which contains a link to a GREAT tutorial so you'll wanna check that out.

I also though it froze at the first screen but yeah, it's just looking at your HDD, it makes its own .xml file (cache_menu.xml) so you'll want to use this (edit it) to add your own touch to the dash (priview movies, images etc)

Like the others said, delete the newdefault folder if you want to use another skin... if you have more than one skin MXM will load them randomly so you just want your fav skin.

bloody sweet dash mate, you'll love it!

thetruethugg

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2003, 04:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (sabinator @ Jul 5 2003, 07:28 AM)
" if you have more than one skin MXM will load them randomly so you just want your fav skin."

You can have more than one skin at a time installed?  Do you have to change anything in the skin.xml or other .mxl files for this to work?  Thanks

Yea, just remove the <loadskin> tag from your mxm.xml and it should randomly choose a skin..

Biteable

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2003, 06:05:00 AM »

ph34r.gif

simbot82

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2003, 09:36:00 PM »

Rumour is the new version due for release today!? will support choosing skins within the dash YAY

jlm5151

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2003, 09:41:00 PM »

Hopefully today, there were still some bugs in the latest WIP so those need to be worked out before the official release.