xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Considering Mxm  (Read 284 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Considering Mxm
« on: June 27, 2003, 06:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (FIREitUP @ Jun 27 2003, 10:14 PM)
allright well i've been hearing good shit about this MXM dashboard and besides seeing yourself playing the game, what other features does this have?? is it worth switching?? do i have to fuck around with my backups??

Well, there's the complete skinnability, which makes MXM as much an information console (next version supports RSS Newsfeeds, for example). We aren't talking about simple wallpaper skins - EVERYTHING can be configured, and skinners can add just about anything their hearts desire.

MXM is actually very easy to configure. It will run all by itself, without ANY configuration files.

MXM supports password protection, preventing unauthorized users from accessing anything that might break your Xbox, or restricting access to adult games for the youngsters...

MXM has a "real" screen saver.

MXM is usually clocked in as the fastest FTP Server around (with FlashFXP)

MXM supports your Xbox soundtrack (ripped CD tracks).

There's more... and MXM will be delivering much more in the next few releases, including a few special "firsts" on the Xbox. I also am in contact with Team Xodus and Team Xecuter to deliver features that enhance their chips.

Just look at some of the preview videos of the various skins.... what's not to like about that?

vidgms4me

• Archived User
Considering Mxm
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2003, 06:39:00 PM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Jun 27 2003, 11:23 PM)
Just look at some of the preview videos of the various skins.... what's not to like about that?

BJ has a good link in his sig that accurately display's the capabilities of mxm.  And thanks to apps like StrongBad's Myxomatosis, setting up mxm is much easier.

dizturbd

• Archived User
Considering Mxm
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2003, 06:45:00 PM »

Hey FIREitUP, Fire it up and see.

Dman2K

• Archived User
Considering Mxm
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2003, 07:51:00 AM »

I've also been interested in MXM.  I've been reading up on it and how it works.  To tell you the truth, I didn't set up anything on my box, all my "nerdy" friends opened it up and did it for me.  So until there's a step-by-step guide to go from Evox to MXM, i wont trust myself messing around with what I don't know.  I'm lucky I know how to patch games.

msn25

• Archived User
Considering Mxm
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2003, 07:52:00 AM »

iRC -> #xbins

Efnet server -> #xbins channel

vidgms4me

• Archived User
Considering Mxm
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2003, 08:07:00 AM »

Also, allxboxskins, when you download a skin, it comes with a preconfigured binary for that skin. (This will probably soon change)

shoup

• Archived User
Considering Mxm
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2003, 08:22:00 PM »

i really want this!!!

to mirc i go!

incaseshit

• Archived User
Considering Mxm
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2003, 10:08:00 PM »

can u link mxm from the evox dash instead of setting it as a primary dash?

Cofi

• Archived User
Considering Mxm
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2003, 10:12:00 PM »

Yes. Try it out, learn the xml and then make the switch to MXM...

FIREitUP

• Archived User
Considering Mxm
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2003, 02:31:00 PM »

yeah...^

incansun

• Archived User
Considering Mxm
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2003, 05:25:00 PM »

jester.gif  jester.gif  jester.gif  pop.gif  love.gif

incansun

• Archived User
Considering Mxm
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2003, 01:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (incansun @ Aug 22 2003, 02:25 AM)
I.  A couple of questions tho, perhaps someone can help me here. I have the Matrix skin on MXM and the screensaver is pretty weak. It's great that MXM runs screen savers, but the MAtrix one sux! Its a vertical  green stream  with the time bouncing around. What file extention is this so that I can replace it with a good one. Any good screensavers that you would recommend?  I'm still deciding what music to play in the background. I'm thinking of using the original Star Wars soundtrack running behind the Matrix skin. Dunno, if that would be suitable. ANyhow, Thanks to MXM and everyone's effort to  make it the best dashboard that I have ever seen in my life! Kudos! jester.gif  jester.gif  jester.gif  pop.gif  love.gif

Anyone?

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Considering Mxm
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2003, 01:55:00 PM »

the screensavers are only limited by your imagination.  There are server video ones floating around in the various skins. I've released at least 3 that i can remember.

incansun

• Archived User
Considering Mxm
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2003, 08:09:00 PM »

what are the file extentions for the screen savers inside the skins?

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Considering Mxm
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2003, 09:57:00 PM »

every skin doesnt use a screensaver,  of those that do, not all use a particular format.  some are wmv (videos) others are skin elements. You would have to open/edit each skin you use to set them the same, or to see what type of saver is used and how it is done.  

for instance, you can normally find the saver element near the bottom of the skin.xml.. and it would look something like this for video.

<Layout Screen="Saver">
   <LayoutElement Type="Image" Source="Logo">
      <Pos l="0" t="0" w="640" h="480" />
      <Scale x="true" y="true" />
      <Justify x="center" y="center" />
      <Proportional>true</Proportional>
</LayoutElement>

Near the top of the skin.xml..where 99.9% of the resources are defined you would see  the resource "Logo" is defined as

<Resource name="logo" type="image">
   <File>mediaSaver01.wmv</File>
       </Resource>

Get the picture?
Pages: [1] 2