xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mxm And Xbox Live  (Read 190 times)

TwisTz

• Archived User
Mxm And Xbox Live
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2003, 06:08:00 AM »

QUOTE (vidgms4me @ Jun 21 2003, 02:59 PM)
Sounds great, but would there be an auto-update for everytime a new game comes out?  Otherwise, people may get annoyed at having to upload a new file to their xbox everytime a new xbl game comes out.

that would be rather easy to do if it is just an XML file.

I'm assuming BJ's web client can grab XML files

EDIT: I just thought of another problem that may arise with XBE ID searching. Regions PAL/NTSC ID's would be different wouldn't they.   blink.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Mxm And Xbox Live
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2003, 06:25:00 AM »

QUOTE (TwisTz @ Jun 21 2003, 10:08 AM)
QUOTE (vidgms4me @ Jun 21 2003, 02:59 PM)
Sounds great, but would there be an auto-update for everytime a new game comes out?  Otherwise, people may get annoyed at having to upload a new file to their xbox everytime a new xbl game comes out.

that would be rather easy to do if it is just an XML file.

I'm assuming BJ's web client can grab XML files

EDIT: I just thought of another problem that may arise with XBE ID searching. Regions PAL/NTSC ID's would be different wouldn't they.   blink.gif

I don't know.... they don't have to have different IDs, but even so, it's just a bigger list.

...and yes, I could grab XML files off the web to update such a list.

vidgms4me

• Archived User
Mxm And Xbox Live
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2003, 06:29:00 AM »

Just thought of another option for this.  Can you, before the application is launched, change the name of dashupdate.xbe and update.xbe to something else, save the name change information in mxm, and then change the name back automaticly once the user returns to mxm.  This would be best for people using mxm as their primary dash.  This would stop any ignoring of the warning.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Mxm And Xbox Live
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2003, 06:34:00 AM »

QUOTE (vidgms4me @ Jun 21 2003, 10:29 AM)
Just thought of another option for this.  Can you, before the application is launched, change the name of dashupdate.xbe and update.xbe to something else, save the name change information in mxm, and then change the name back automaticly once the user returns to mxm.  This would be best for people using mxm as their primary dash.  This would stop any ignoring of the warning.

Well, to be honest, these files should just not be added to the hard drive in the first place.... you can't run these apps from the hard drive, anyway, if the mod is not active - only from the disc.

So my solution might be to add a "Clean XBL Support Files" option, or something like that, wiping out all the dashupdate and update XBEs altogether.

vidgms4me

• Archived User
Mxm And Xbox Live
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2003, 06:36:00 AM »

Yeah, that sounds good.  Don't know what I was thinking.

EDIT: Maybee offer a clean xbl files when playing off hard drive, and a warning when playing off the dvd?

TwisTz

• Archived User
Mxm And Xbox Live
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2003, 07:35:00 AM »

QUOTE (vidgms4me @ Jun 21 2003, 03:36 PM)
Maybee offer a clean xbl files when playing off hard drive, and a warning when playing off the dvd?

I agree. The "clean XBL files" option should appear when you launch from the HDD & update.xbe and the dashupdate.xbe exist, but I doubt these two files would be all of Xbox Live?

Warning when playing off DVD would be a great feature if it is possible to implement.

vidgms4me

• Archived User
Mxm And Xbox Live
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2003, 07:37:00 AM »

QUOTE (TwisTz @ Jun 21 2003, 12:35 PM)
Maybee offer a clean xbl files when playing off hard drive, and a warning when playing off the dvd?

I agree. The "clean XBL files" option should appear when you launch from the HDD & update.xbe and the dashupdate.xbe exist, but I doubt these two files would be all of Xbox Live?

Warning when playing off DVD would be a great feature if it is possible to implement.

I Beleive when you click on xbox live for the first time, it runs dashupdate.xbe to add xbox live to your dashboard, and update.xbe is used to help connect to live if you have it already installed.  So cleaning these files should be enough.

TwisTz

• Archived User
Mxm And Xbox Live
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2003, 09:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (vidgms4me @ Jun 21 2003, 04:37 PM)
QUOTE (TwisTz @ Jun 21 2003, 12:35 PM)

I Beleive when you click on xbox live for the first time, it runs dashupdate.xbe to add xbox live to your dashboard, and update.xbe is used to help connect to live if you have it already installed.  So cleaning these files should be enough.

but when you press XBox Live doesn't it tag your eeprom before running update/dashupdate.xbe
Pages: 1 [2]