xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Bug Reports: Mxm 0.9m  (Read 1226 times)

thetruethugg

• Archived User
Bug Reports: Mxm 0.9m
« Reply #180 on: July 11, 2003, 03:52:00 AM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Jul 11 2003, 06:48 AM)
Try unplugging the network cable.

How old is the WIP? I've made a few updates this week...

Network cord isn't plugged in..

And, the WIP is the first one to include sorting..

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #181 on: July 11, 2003, 03:57:00 AM »

QUOTE (thetruethugg @ Jul 11 2003, 07:52 AM)
QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Jul 11 2003, 06:48 AM)
Try unplugging the network cable.

How old is the WIP? I've made a few updates this week...

Network cord isn't plugged in..

And, the WIP is the first one to include sorting..

Damn.... there have been several things fixed internally, particularly with the soundtrack manager. sad.gif

The next-to-latest cleaned up some funkiness some people had with the soundtrack manager, which was an outgrowth of adding a "No Music" option to the safe mode menu.

You could also try plugging the cable back in (if you haven't done that yet).

This is why I encourage using X-Select 0.6, so you are never stuck.

thetruethugg

• Archived User
« Reply #182 on: July 11, 2003, 04:52:00 AM »

So, not having any music ripped with the M$ dash is the cause for the hanging?  Ok, I'll try plugging in the network cable..  And I see no reason for X-Select (Mainly because I only use MXM, and I should just launch the latest WIP from MXM) though it sounds like a great peice of software...

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #183 on: July 11, 2003, 06:53:00 AM »

Has anybody else had a chance to check out the latest update, specifically with FTP clients that have given MXM trouble?

I'd like to know if they work now. I tested XBRename, and it works fine now.

....and no, I haven't done anything yet about the misc. locked files and such, yet, but this "might" have fixed some of the problems.

thetruethugg

• Archived User
« Reply #184 on: July 11, 2003, 12:36:00 PM »

Ok, I plugged the network cable in, and it still freezes..  And since it freezes before starting the FTP, I can't do anything to fix it..  Well, other than booting a CD, so I can edit the needed files over FTP.  And, a (probably) stupid idea of mine.  Booting my 80 gig HD, flicking my switch, so the 120 gig now has power, and seeing if I can read the contents of that HD.  I'm sure it wouldn't work, and it's probably a bad idea, but comments anyone?  The only reason I would even consider this, is because the power cord came loose one time, and I just tightened it back up (the Molex cable for the HD that is), and it came out of it's 'coma' and worked like normal..

SniperKilla

• Archived User
« Reply #185 on: July 11, 2003, 02:46:00 PM »

sad.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #186 on: July 11, 2003, 02:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (SniperKilla @ Jul 11 2003, 06:46 PM)
MXM locks up when trying to play a WMV for a game, i used that SDP downloader to dl the trailer for PotC and wakeboarding unleashed from xbox.com and renamed the wmv to MXM_SS.WMV put it in the game dir, refreshed the menu cache, and as soon as i go to highlight the game it locks sad.gif

Probably missing an audio track.

Add an audio track or wait until 0.9n is released (Sunday night, perhaps? Have to do testing) - 0.9n eliminates that problem.

SniperKilla

• Archived User
« Reply #187 on: July 11, 2003, 03:00:00 PM »

never mind, it was encoded in WM9, i converted it to 8 and it plays fine

oswald

• Archived User
« Reply #188 on: July 11, 2003, 03:12:00 PM »

wink.gif

SniperKilla

• Archived User
« Reply #189 on: July 11, 2003, 03:14:00 PM »

smile.gif

TCB

• Archived User
« Reply #190 on: July 12, 2003, 12:01:00 AM »

QUOTE (SniperKilla @ Jul 12 2003, 01:14 AM)
ahh now it is playing all choppy, i did 320 x 240, 30fps, 512Kbit, and it plays like shit, hellpp smile.gif

It's not a really a MXM bug...

Anyway, just use the Stoik decoder... Visit this thread, and look under 'tools'....  

Good lukc   laugh.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #191 on: July 12, 2003, 09:16:00 PM »

"WIP" Binaries updated.

* Fixed issue with FTP Server when moronic client attempts to create an existing directory (succeeds now)
* Added "CGEntryValueDWORD" string source, to report values as 10 character, 8 digit, C-Style hex values (0x00000000)
* Added "CGEntryMode" to report the desired video mode
* Added <WordWrapEnable> and <WordWrapWidth> to Text Elements - scaling is based on this width (implied), and fonts are displayed proportionally.
* Fixed "bug" that caused seeming random selection in the root menu (legacy from DVD Menu days)

Cruising into a 0.9n release tomorrow. A few more things going in, then testing on DVD-R (cold boot and Evo-X) and some X2 BIOS testing.

thetruethugg

• Archived User
« Reply #192 on: July 13, 2003, 06:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Jul 13 2003, 12:16 AM)
Cruising into a 0.9n release tomorrow.

And I hope this has the soundtrack bugs fixed, or whatever it was that caused my xbox to freeze when using some skins (internal simplicity, bluesmoke, blister)?  I'll try out this new WIP tonight (finally got my 120 gig working again smile.gif)..

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #193 on: July 13, 2003, 06:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (thetruethugg @ Jul 13 2003, 10:21 PM)
QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Jul 13 2003, 12:16 AM)
Cruising into a 0.9n release tomorrow.

And I hope this has the soundtrack bugs fixed, or whatever it was that caused my xbox to freeze when using some skins (internal simplicity, bluesmoke, blister)?  I'll try out this new WIP tonight (finally got my 120 gig working again smile.gif)..

Well, the last one did have a few things to help fix soundtrack issues, so if you were using a WIP a few updates back, things should be cool now, I hope.

Plan is: I finish testing, and release 0.9n tonight (well, it might stretch into the early AM my time).

I will consider releasing a "0.9n.1" for bug fixes, and stick to my guns for 0.9o on certain features. I seem to be running out of letters wink.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #194 on: July 13, 2003, 08:10:00 PM »

wink.gif ) so unless it's a major issue, it won't be fixed in tomorrow night's release.

Speed ups may happen in the point "bug fix" release... but no particular functionality will be targeted for that release. That will allow me to concentrate on delivering features on specific 'lettered' releases leading up to 1.0

Here's the latest goods:

* Better "Game Info" screen.
* Added "Simple Init" screen (See MXM_Patcher)
* Added Color Selection, good for Matrix and Simple Init Screens (See MXM_Patcher)

Yeah - the MXM_Patcher, give that a shot. IT will let you customize the init screen and now the color (to match your Xbox paint job or "X" logo). I didn't have time to verify the changes worked, so just don't use the patched version before testing in an app directory.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14