xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Bug Reports: Mxm 0.9m  (Read 1225 times)

jlm5151

• Archived User
Bug Reports: Mxm 0.9m
« Reply #165 on: July 08, 2003, 07:52:00 PM »

beerchug.gif Great Job

TCB

• Archived User
« Reply #166 on: July 08, 2003, 11:37:00 PM »

About the <videomode> string....

If I'm correct, the <videomode>  of a game needs to be set in the MXM_entry.xml file of each game. Let's say the game Whacked is ntsc. Currently the XBOX is in pal mode. The Multi Standard mode is selected in the configure menu. Does the XBOX switch to ntsc when I select the Whacked game automatically?

[test]One game I know that won't start in a different videomode is Dakar2 (pal). So I've made a MXM_entry.xml file for the game, and filled in <videomode>pal</videomode>. Uploaded it to the game folder, rebooted, set the XBOX to ntsc, rebooted, started Dakar2.... and the XBOX freezes..... [/test]

And: I would like to show in my skin with every game what videomode is needs to be played in (pal or ntsc), as entered in the MXM_entry.xml file. What do I need to add to the MXM_Skin.xml file, to show in the dashboard what videomode a game is?

fiscus

• Archived User
« Reply #167 on: July 09, 2003, 12:29:00 AM »

Has their been any changes in the FTP server. I normally get 10-11mg down and now I am only getting 1-3mg down. Anyone else getting slower ftp speeds?

It starts off at 10-11 and then drops.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #168 on: July 09, 2003, 02:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (TCB @ Jul 9 2003, 03:37 AM)
About the <videomode> string....

If I'm correct, the <videomode>  of a game needs to be set in the MXM_entry.xml file of each game. Let's say the game Whacked is ntsc. Currently the XBOX is in pal mode. The Multi Standard mode is selected in the configure menu. Does the XBOX switch to ntsc when I select the Whacked game automatically?

[test]One game I know that won't start in a different videomode is Dakar2 (pal). So I've made a MXM_entry.xml file for the game, and filled in <videomode>pal</videomode>. Uploaded it to the game folder, rebooted, set the XBOX to ntsc, rebooted, started Dakar2.... and the XBOX freezes..... [/test]

And: I would like to show in my skin with every game what videomode is needs to be played in (pal or ntsc), as entered in the MXM_entry.xml file. What do I need to add to the MXM_Skin.xml file, to show in the dashboard what videomode a game is?

Hrrmmmm... You need to make sure you set your TV Type to multistandard, and don't forget to reset the menu cache (obviously).

The proper format should be either:

<videomode>pal</videomode>

or

<videomode>ntsc</videomode>

check the cache_menu.xml to make sure it 'stuck'

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #169 on: July 09, 2003, 02:49:00 AM »

QUOTE (fiscus @ Jul 9 2003, 04:29 AM)
Has their been any changes in the FTP server. I normally get 10-11mg down and now I am only getting 1-3mg down. Anyone else getting slower ftp speeds?

Hmm.... I didn't make any changes on the FTP, and didn't notice any change in speed, but I'll look into it tonight.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #170 on: July 09, 2003, 06:27:00 AM »

QUOTE (fiscus @ Jul 9 2003, 10:13 AM)
QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Jul 9 2003, 11:49 AM)
QUOTE (fiscus @ Jul 9 2003, 04:29 AM)

Hmm.... I didn't make any changes on the FTP, and didn't notice any change in speed, but I'll look into it tonight.

Hmm might have just been my XBOX - the drive was almost full and it had been on for ages.

After clearing some stuff and rebooting speeds are back to normal. Sorry about that.

Phew....  rolleyes.gif

Well, I'm still going to look at the FTP before doing a release. I want to clear up the remaining issues with unruly clients, and best to do it all in one shot (involves me tracking EVERY COMMAND executed by these things to see what funkiness they are pulling.

I also want to get CHMOD implimented as well.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #171 on: July 09, 2003, 08:37:00 AM »

Can somebody check the command line stuff again? I fixed that a while ago, but nobody's confirmed if it's working or not...

TCB

• Archived User
« Reply #172 on: July 09, 2003, 11:12:00 AM »

Well, I've tried it some more.....  I've used the Enigmah ntsc/pal switch to set to videomode to ntsc. Then switched back to MXM dashboard. Although I've just switched it to ntsc, MXM reports that the current videomode is pal. So I switch back to the Enigmah switch, just to check. Well, Enigmah says that the current mode is ntsc....

Anyway, I start Dakar2 (that can only be run under pal mode)....  The system freezes. So, I reboot. MXM reports the current mode is PAL. I start the Enigmah switch, which reports that the videomode is PAL indeed. I now try to start Dakar2 again.... And now it  works....     So it seems that it switches the mode to the correct mode, but it causes the xbox to freeze?

By the way, is there any way that I can display the <videomode>  information of a game (that's inserted to the MXM_entry.xml file of that game) in a skin?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #173 on: July 09, 2003, 05:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (fiscus @ Jul 9 2003, 09:16 PM)
BJ,

Just a note while you are looking at FTP things.....I actually have my XBOX 'mapped' in network neighbourhood. While it isn't mapped like a drive, you can use XP to add network places ,etc..... I noticed that in EVOX this worked but in MXM it doesn't. I know when EVOX brought out a new version XP was unable to connect to it via this method....bt since then they have fixed it....so it it obviously something that you have to specifically allow for it to work.

This isn't really important, but I thought you might just jot it down while you are looking through the FTP code.

And I mentioned this a couple of pages back, but I'm not sure that you saw it. The DVD remote is very sensative, when I press down it usually down two places, can be hard to navigate. If possible could you please turn the sensativity down or have something like a <RemoteSensativity>3</RemoteSensativity> and have it range between 1-10. Just an idea....

And my only other bug' is that when MXM loads, it seems to randomly goto somewhere on the top level menu. IE. I have Games, XBMP, APPS sometimes when I open, it will be on Games, other times it will be on Apps, it is always changing and doesn;t seem to reflect my last position before shutting down. Any chance you can make it so it is always at the top of the menu. BTW I am using simplicity if it is a skin issue.

Awsome work :-)

Well, I only run XP on my son's machine, so I'll have to figure something out there...

AS far as DVD Remote Sensitivyt, I'll take a quick look at that. Now that I've got a remote, it's easier for me to test wink.gif

As far as the random starting index thing, well, it's not really random, but I'll clean that bit of legacy out of MXM. I know EXACTLY what that is, and it's been at the back of my head to get that fixed.  tongue.gif

oswald

• Archived User
« Reply #174 on: July 10, 2003, 05:12:00 AM »

Quick Stuff:

*selecting through songs using the x button, if I go too fast through the songs, as in, if I don't wait for the song to start before proceeding to the next one, then after four or five songs they just stop playing.  No sound at all and requires a full reboot to cure.
(0.9n WIP from a week ago)
*Ms dashboard save game manager seems to report MXM as Unknown Title, tho it does have a titleimage thumbnail.   If MenuX has a name in the memory manager so should MXM., or is that my fault for not declaring something in the config?
(0.9n WIP from a week ago)

Oh, and I'll try to get to some of the emu command line testing stuff tonight, I had a girlfriend-imposed night away from the computer last night so I couldn't do it then.  I'll let you know after work (~9 hours or so)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #175 on: July 10, 2003, 09:02:00 PM »

blink.gif I don't know if this  will fix remaining FTP Client issues, but give it a whirl if a client failed to work before.

I will also add support for CHMOD (very simple support, toggling ReadOnly attributes).

thetruethugg

• Archived User
« Reply #176 on: July 11, 2003, 03:02:00 AM »

Ok, this is the WIP from the other day..  But two bugs (one I think has been mentioned)..

The first one is, when using sort.  I have my apps submenu, and at the bottom a submenu for dashboards.  When adding the <endsort /> tag above the dashboards submenu, it still sorts it.  So, that submenu, previously at the bottom, is not up in the middle of the list..

And the second, is when using the internal "::Simplicity" skin, MXM hangs on boot..  Unfortunatly, I'm using the WIP binaries as my main dash, and my dvd-rom doesn't read shit now, bearly even retail DVDs.  So, I can't use that hard drive, because it just freezes on "Loading Skin".  I'll have to go to a friends and throw my HD in his xbox, and boot a CD with his DVD-Rom..

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #177 on: July 11, 2003, 03:42:00 AM »

QUOTE (thetruethugg @ Jul 11 2003, 07:02 AM)
Ok, this is the WIP from the other day..  But two bugs (one I think has been mentioned)..

The first one is, when using sort.  I have my apps submenu, and at the bottom a submenu for dashboards.  When adding the <endsort /> tag above the dashboards submenu, it still sorts it.  So, that submenu, previously at the bottom, is not up in the middle of the list..

And the second, is when using the internal "::Simplicity" skin, MXM hangs on boot..  Unfortunatly, I'm using the WIP binaries as my main dash, and my dvd-rom doesn't read shit now, bearly even retail DVDs.  So, I can't use that hard drive, because it just freezes on "Loading Skin".  I'll have to go to a friends and throw my HD in his xbox, and boot a CD with his DVD-Rom..

Use safe mode to boot. Try "No Video" or "No Networking"

If you are running the latest, it should boot to safe mode when you restart - if not, hit "START" when it cranks up in the init screen.

I don't know why Simplicity isn't working for you.... that skin should just "work" - but I was going to throw a very basic variant, with no text strings or video previews.

thetruethugg

• Archived User
« Reply #178 on: July 11, 2003, 03:45:00 AM »

Problem is, it's not the latest.  I tried hitting start a few times while it was booting, but I guess I never uploaded the newer version to my xbox..  But yea, I'm not sure why "Simplicty" doesn't work either, it worked fine before (both the internal, and the non-internal version)..

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #179 on: July 11, 2003, 03:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (thetruethugg @ Jul 11 2003, 07:45 AM)
Problem is, it's not the latest.  I tried hitting start a few times while it was booting, but I guess I never uploaded the newer version to my xbox..  But yea, I'm not sure why "Simplicty" doesn't work either, it worked fine before (both the internal, and the non-internal version)..

Try unplugging the network cable.

How old is the WIP? I've made a few updates this week...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14