xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: Bug Reports: Mxm 0.9m  (Read 1222 times)

oswald

• Archived User
Bug Reports: Mxm 0.9m
« Reply #195 on: July 13, 2003, 09:06:00 PM »

Ok, the new WIP looks great.

-The patcher required mfc70.dll , which is always a pet peeve of mine. I grabbed mfc70.dll of the net, and now I get application errors trying to launch it.  grrrr.

-onto the command line emu stuff- tried it with PJ64, I'll try more later, with
<CommandLine>F:fullpathtoromhererom.rom</CommandLine> it just launched the emu like normal with <CommandLine>rom.rom</CommandLine> it was the same thing.  Tried FbaX next, with the same format and had the same result.  also tried <CommandLine>romsrom.rom</CommandLine> and no luck.  Maybe I'm forgetting which emus support command line.

-Strangely, the system info screen looks nice, its a solid color now?  or is it based on skin?

-boot times seem a hair faster with this WIP

-for the record the remote speed has always seemed fine for me, both in the normal MXM and in the config menu, I confirmed that with this release (and reminded myself I have a remote!)

-I checked through some old stuff, skin switching still works.  

-xFer 2.0 still doesn't work, it hangs once you tell it to extract, but its the only app I'm still having trouble with.

Damn, I wish MXM_patcher worked for me.

It's too bad you're considering that EvoX bug a showstopper.  Being one of the MXM dashboard users,  EvoX hasn't made an appearance on my box in a long time, let alone autolaunched anything.  But I know, I know, some people still use Evox, yeah, well some people still use the rotary phone, that don't mean I have to like it.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #196 on: July 13, 2003, 09:27:00 PM »

I've updated the binaries with a new MXM_Patcher using static libs instead of DLLs.

oswald

• Archived User
« Reply #197 on: July 13, 2003, 11:16:00 PM »

I've updated the binaries with a new MXM_Patcher using static libs instead of DLLs.

Well I was going to go to sleep wink.gif

The patcher works for me now, and it's sweet.  I did a blue color mod to the matrix screen, worked great.  Tried the simple init, worked great.  Tried a blue color mod on the simple init, got yellow text instead. hmmm..... Tried it again, same thing.

TCB

• Archived User
« Reply #198 on: July 14, 2003, 02:11:00 AM »

laugh.gif

Another thing: I have set the <videomode> the MXM_entry.xml files of every game. But when I see the updated "game info" menu, it says that the videomode is UNKNOWN. Does MXM read this information from the .xbe file, or the MXM_entry files?

I have quite a lot games on the harddrive, but none of the tested games gave other information on videomode than UNKKNOWN  (in the game info menu)

[edit]  if you want to have the green fonts, hen you have to patch it as 'red'

TCB

• Archived User
« Reply #199 on: July 14, 2003, 02:40:00 AM »

By the way: the automatic videomode switching still doesn't work 100%  (or at all?):

To test it, I use the Enigmah switch to set the xbox to NTSC. I reboot. I see in the configure menu of MXM that the videomode is ntsc indeed. I have it set to multi, and auto change videomode...

I start Dakar 2 (which only will work in pal mode). I've set the videomode to pal in the games MXM_entry.xml document. After starting the game, the xbox freezes just before the game is started. So I reboot the xbox....  the videomode suddenly is set to pal.... so the switching works, but obviously the game can't be started directly into the new videomode?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #200 on: July 14, 2003, 03:54:00 AM »

OK.... the switcher issues should be simple enough to fix, at least it can change the settings now.

The videomode is a bit more troubling, and it is last-minute stuff, so I'll see about scanning that as well, since I think the problem with DVD-R mode should be easy enough to fix.

Hopefully, I'll get that stuff done at lunch during work (can't compile or test there, obviously), and it will only be a matter of compiling then testing tonight when I get home.

TCB

• Archived User
« Reply #201 on: July 14, 2003, 04:51:00 AM »

tongue.gif

Btw....  since 9n is going to be such a major improvement of 9m....  what's the difference between 9n and the final 1.0?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #202 on: July 14, 2003, 05:22:00 AM »

QUOTE (TCB @ Jul 14 2003, 08:51 AM)
Man, don't rush yourself   tongue.gif

Btw....  since 9n is going to be such a major improvement of 9m....  what's the difference between 9n and the final 1.0?

Gee... easy for beta testers to say "don't rush"  ohmy.gif   wink.gif

Ah, well, the BIOS flashing, bank switching, partition formatting, full config dialogs, game ripping/patching and a few internet apps still need to be added before 1.0 is ready.

Crash N Burn

• Archived User
« Reply #203 on: July 14, 2003, 07:42:00 AM »

ohmy.gif . BJ do you EVER get sleep bro ?? . LOL  laugh.gif

There are some nice additions you made to MXM (can't wait to test). I have about 2-3 pages in the forum to catch up on (note to myself .......bring laptop 2 post while on vacation in the future) .
It sucked BIG TIME not being able to post while on vaca. . I could only view pages sad.gif ..
Now if I could get out of this lazyness I caught . I'll be back up to par.

,,.............................................................Crash N Burn
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]