xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Some Thoughts...  (Read 93 times)

Xzigx

• Archived User
Some Thoughts...
« on: May 29, 2003, 03:43:00 AM »

I should be corrected if I am wrong but I believe that all of that is being worked on for future releases.  I feel that it isn't all bad, however, to learn the inner workings of how these configurations are changed.  thus providing more personalization and ultimately a higher understanding!

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Some Thoughts...
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2003, 04:10:00 AM »

Yes, I'm working on a decent UI before doing configuration.... here's a sampling of what's in store, it's just a conceptual rendering, but it will give you the idea:

user posted image

thetruethugg

• Archived User
Some Thoughts...
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2003, 07:38:00 AM »

Eh, this can sort of go here..  BJ, what about a remote sensitivity setting for MXM?  The shit is too fast now, I'll accidentally go through the entire menu from the topmost menu, to launching an app..  Granite, it's generally the app I intened to launch, just would be a nice little add-on..

bartdesign

• Archived User
Some Thoughts...
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2003, 09:16:00 AM »

smile.gif

BjB

Xzigx

• Archived User
Some Thoughts...
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2003, 02:20:00 PM »

are you she that the scrolling settings in your menu node in the Skin_mxm.xml file are ok, try setting them lower.  I am having no problem with the IR and I am actually using a universal remote to control the xbox.

thetruethugg

• Archived User
Some Thoughts...
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2003, 02:32:00 PM »

It's not that it's scrolling to fast, it's going into a menu to fast..  It'll go through two submenu's AND then click on the menu item, and launch the shit, before I can even let my finger up..  And it's not that I'm holding it down, it's just the remote sends out signals in a stream, the controller you have to let up, and push down again..

thetruethugg

• Archived User
Some Thoughts...
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2003, 02:52:00 PM »

Don't know what to tell ya..  I mean, I'm sure XBMP didn't impliment this feature for shits and giggles..  Maybe they did it because people had the same problem, only with XBMP instead..

thetruethugg

• Archived User
Some Thoughts...
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2003, 02:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (Xzigx @ May 29 2003, 05:54 PM)
yeah or it might be because I'm not using the actual M$ remote, I'll dig that up and give it a try.

The more obvious possibility I didn't think of for some reason, lol..

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Some Thoughts...
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2003, 03:08:00 PM »

Sounds like a debounce issue. Not impossible to deal with on IR, but a bit tricky.

I'll be picking up a remote in the next week or so, and I'll also be working on a more configurable input system (have to anyway, for the dialogs)