xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help Get Me Started....  (Read 32 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Help Get Me Started....
« on: May 28, 2003, 09:03:00 AM »

Well, there  really isn't much to edit in the mxm.xml file, except for menu entries. Keep in mind, any changes to your menus will require a reset of your menu cache ("Y" button, System Menu option) and a reboot.

Shafted!

• Archived User
Help Get Me Started....
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2003, 09:12:00 AM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ May 28 2003, 06:03 PM)
Well, there  really isn't much to edit in the mxm.xml file, except for menu entries. Keep in mind, any changes to your menus will require a reset of your menu cache ("Y" button, System Menu option) and a reboot.

Thanks for the quick reply.

The problem is, MXM seems to be ignoring the entry i put in the MXM.xml file.

I only have 2 XML files, and they are apps.xml and Mxm.xml. Both files are listed in their entirety in my first post. I did what you said, reset menu cache and reboot, but upon  restart MXM scans my hdd again and lists the directories.

My understanding was that if i had an item in my mxm.xml file, MXM wouldn't do the auto scan.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Help Get Me Started....
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2003, 09:39:00 AM »

QUOTE (Shafted! @ May 28 2003, 01:12 PM)
QUOTE (BenJeremy @ May 28 2003, 06:03 PM)
Well, there  really isn't much to edit in the mxm.xml file, except for menu entries. Keep in mind, any changes to your menus will require a reset of your menu cache ("Y" button, System Menu option) and a reboot.

Thanks for the quick reply.

The problem is, MXM seems to be ignoring the entry i put in the MXM.xml file.

I only have 2 XML files, and they are apps.xml and Mxm.xml. Both files are listed in their entirety in my first post. I did what you said, reset menu cache and reboot, but upon  restart MXM scans my hdd again and lists the directories.

My understanding was that if i had an item in my mxm.xml file, MXM wouldn't do the auto scan.

No, it shouldn't.

Move the items out of the <Main> node.

You may put them in a <Menu> node now, but I didn't test that... they don't work in the <Main> node, though.