xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Omfg What An Amazing Application  (Read 75 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Omfg What An Amazing Application
« on: May 19, 2003, 08:34:00 AM »

QUOTE (DaNuGuy @ May 19 2003, 12:27 PM)
I was looking through all the possibilities for dashboard replacements.   Let me tell you, I have found mine.  This app kicks ass.  first of all It plays movies and has soundtracks that can be playing in the back.  I love that shit.  It also is completely cutomizable as far as dash listing placement goes.  I can't believe how individualized and customizable you can make this dashboard.  My only two concerns are the fact the the ftp feature is wierd(sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, and how do I specify an IP address w/o using evox???)  also there is no way for me to flash my chip if a new bios comes out!! ,other than that I love this baby and I am starting on my very own skin (with music from my band today.   THANKS

Well, IP assignment, mod flashing and clock synchronization are all features that WILL be added to MXM.

As for the wierdness, it's worked consistently for me so far, but I use FlashFXP and LeapFTP. We'll fix any weirdness issues, and I will hopefully extend the FTP Server and add a client for direct Xbox-to-Xbox connectivity for file transfers in the future.

So, there continue to be improvements. I hope to have a "1.0" release that incorporate, anything worthwhile that Evo-X does, and quite a few tricks of it's own.

(Don't forget, I'm the guy who started the "Dashboard Wish List" topic in the "Other Dashboards" forum. biggrin.gif

So look forward to some cool things in the future, too.