xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Im Going For It...  (Read 72 times)

Xzigx

• Archived User
Im Going For It...
« on: May 19, 2003, 12:05:00 PM »

QUOTE (neolink1 @ May 19 2003, 03:25 PM)
well this has just convinced me, it seems this app has tons of awesome features, now I just need to find it..

one of the features that really interest me is the ability to have animated backgrounds/music biggrin.gif

one question though, can this be launched from evox and viceversa.. evox from MXM?

im sort of a n00b... at this so how hard is this to configure/install, are there any things that i should think of before installing this app, or any tutorials that i shuould read?

thanks...  beerchug.gif

one question though, can this be launched from evox and viceversa.. evox from MXM?

yes it can, this dash is going to be THE dash in a couple of weeks or so .  It will be very beneficial to get accustomed to it now.  

Welcome!

thetruethugg

• Archived User
Im Going For It...
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2003, 12:13:00 PM »

Yes, I'm using evox now, just because of native FTP support..  Though MXM can use ftp, with a file (i forget what it's from, filezilla or something)..  But when MxM has ftp with no problems, it WILL be my main dash..

As for tutorials, check BJ's sig, I beleive he has some links, to tutorials..

darylzero

• Archived User
Im Going For It...
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2003, 12:39:00 PM »

How can you have this be your primary dash?  What is the .xbe called.  Can you just rename it to evoxdash.xbe or what?

darylzero

• Archived User
Im Going For It...
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2003, 12:54:00 PM »

cool.

thetruethugg

• Archived User
Im Going For It...
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2003, 01:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ May 19 2003, 09:20 PM)
but 0.9k works fine from port 21 with xbox/xbox (the default).

Hmm, that's great..  Buh bye evox..

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Im Going For It...
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2003, 01:59:00 PM »

QUOTE (neolink1 @ May 19 2003, 05:06 PM)
cool, I'll let you all know how this goes when i finish installing... hopefully I'll have a background vid of matrix code and some nice ambient sound..

PS has anyone done a nice loop of matrix code so that it doesnt jump?

Well, the 'matrix effect' I have when it starts up is available for using in the background in a skin, and when things settle down with adding features, I'll enhance it to look even closer to the original.