xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Autoconfigure, But Find Correct Wmv's  (Read 58 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Autoconfigure, But Find Correct Wmv's
« on: May 09, 2003, 02:03:00 PM »

QUOTE (swooperz @ May 9 2003, 05:50 PM)
As more people are finding this moviepack, I think this questino will come up more. Which is: Can I place all of my WMV clips into a media directory and have autoconfigure somehow find them and display them with the appropriate game? The alternative would be to build a very long xml file for 25 different games.   blink.gif  Any creative ideas or alternatives, or can the autoconfigure feature be set to achieve this? Thanks in advance!

Autoconfigure looks for a file with a base name of "MXM_SS.*" in the directory where the game is... so to make autoconfig find it, you'd have to name the clip MXM_SS.wmv and place it with the appropriate game.

I will, however, consider the ability to autoconfigure and find files in a common directory as a future option, but there is great difficulty in that, for 'autoconfigure' - the best I might manage is if, in the common directory, the filenames were the application ID as the basename. IT would just be a pain to rename those files, something like "1234FE2D.wmv" so MXM would know to associate one file in a common directory of media files, with an app somewhere else.

swooperz

• Archived User
Autoconfigure, But Find Correct Wmv's
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2003, 02:32:00 PM »

Ok, that sounds easy enough to place each wmv in its respective folder. So, I just rename it to MXM_SS.WMV (every wmv I own will have this same name?) and place it in the root folder of each game.

That will work just fine. Thanks for the quick response!