xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Release: Generator Skin V2.0 Upgrade Utility  (Read 264 times)

georgc

• Archived User
Release: Generator Skin V2.0 Upgrade Utility
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2003, 04:32:00 PM »

i dont have a newsthingy  Can some1 send them to me email?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2003, 06:01:00 PM »

QUOTE (georgc @ May 9 2003, 08:32 PM)
i dont have a newsthingy  Can some1 send them to me email?

It's 86MB in size.

Even if someone were willing to e-mail it to you, your mail server would never accept it.

StrongBad

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2003, 07:00:00 PM »

blink.gif

sb

takamine

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2003, 07:30:00 PM »

love.gif

Crash N Burn

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2003, 08:13:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif . But it does run generator now /w no probs for me (very stable). I'm able to create skins using this method .

BJ,,
If you don't condone this please post so I can work something else out . But so far this seams to work very well .

,,................................................Crash N Burn

StrongBad

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2003, 08:42:00 PM »

biggrin.gif   Predictable loads numerous times!  Enough to make me sure!

So when multiple skins are in the MXM folder, MXM seems to mix them up from time to time.  When the skin the user wants is the ONLY skin in the MXM folder, that skin loads up reliably.  Unfortunately, why this occurs only BJ can determine.  Note, this stable loading occurred without the use of <LoadSkin>, so I'm pretty certain it will work with it.

But I'm pretty happy the issue has found a workaround.  Thank you Crash N Burn for doing the testing that I couldn't do because my GF is hard at work trying to beat Shenmue II.  At least I still have the computer though to program and stuff.  Your work is appreciated.

I guess I'll just hope people get the msg in this post for the workaround, and/or post newer files with newer instructions at the Usual Places.

Crash N Burn

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2003, 06:20:00 AM »

QUOTE (StrongBad @ May 9 2003, 09:42 PM)
But I'm pretty happy the issue has found a workaround.  Thank you Crash N Burn for doing the testing that I couldn't do because my GF is hard at work trying to beat Shenmue II.  At least I still have the computer though to program and stuff.  Your work is appreciated.

My testing is at your command LOL biggrin.gif  . I'm glad I was able to help. I really don't see a reason why we (the people) couldn't use the default folder for here on out anyways . Like BJ said , safe mode is done internally and doesn't even touch outside files .
But just to be on the safe side I'm going to hold off putting out a skin or two until BJ says go for it or has found the solution to the prob. I don't don't want to step on anybodys foot.

For that being said , GOOD MOURNING (7:10 am here)...... Now I'm off to go Jet Skiing (Splashdown) for a couple of hrs and RELAX .............. beerchug.gif

,,............................................Crash N Burn

RDJ134

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2003, 09:01:00 AM »

Having all of the video clips for every game will just increase the experience of MXM and blow away the competition.

I found a lot of wmv clips of games with google to bad not all games have a wmv somwhere on the net hope some one make wmv`s and put it on a website/ftpserver.
I hope to see more of those movies that plays on the background(genCORE.wmv in generator skin)so we can easy replace them to have more variation.

And to get not offtopic : i will going to give this util a try soon as i have the time for it.

georgc

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2003, 01:53:00 PM »

is there a non-newsgroup plce i can get the movie pack?;

elduderino1234

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2003, 06:10:00 PM »

wow! i got this skin and it is fuckin awesome. it was the first skin i ever got for mxm (except for the default one). i finally figured out how to configure the xml and all that other crap AND i got the moviepack and now im watching the movies in MXM. this has been a very productive day. good work ben jeremy and awesome skin strong bad

elduderino1234

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2003, 06:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (georgc @ May 10 2003, 09:53 PM)
is there a non-newsgroup plce i can get the movie pack?;

unless somebody wants to donate ~90mb of server space and host it, no.

StrongBad

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2003, 06:00:00 AM »

QUOTE (Bravo @ May 11 2003, 03:04 AM)
first off StrongBad, sick skin man but for some reason GeneratorSkinV2 doesn't recognise MXM_SS.wmv to be a default video to play if I put it in the game directory. The safemode skins recocnises it but not Generator. Anyone eles have this problem?

Thanks!  Well, it's odd that you see that sort of problem.  Personally, I keep all my previews in a single directory and point each item to a preview movie using the <media> tag.  I have never used the auto MXM_SS.wmv way, but when my xbox is free later today, I'll give it a shot for some testing.  I'll get back to you on it.

Anybody else having this problem?

StrongBad

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2003, 02:02:00 PM »

Okay, Bravo, I spent some time today messing around with MXM_SS auto previews.  

This feature does work with Generator Skin.  Just remember that when adding MXM_SS.wmv previews to game/application directories, you must reset the menu cache in order for MXM to pick it up and see it.  The menu cache exists to aid MXM in loading times, but is unaware of any changes.  So press the back button on your controller to pull up the system menu for MXM and choose the option to 'Reset Menu Cache' then reboot.  Alternatively, you can log in to your Xbox and delete the file named 'cache_menu.xml' then reboot.

Hope this helps, let me know.

sb

elduderino1234

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2003, 05:46:00 PM »

CODE

Games on Hard Drive

F:\Media X\NewDefault\extras\xbox.wmv
F:\HDDLoader\

elduderino1234

• Archived User