xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Attention Skinners!  (Read 132 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Attention Skinners!
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2003, 07:39:00 AM »

QUOTE (geodeath @ Jul 8 2003, 11:36 AM)
thats great!!

can you give me an answer about the music too? in my previous post?

Oh.... I don't have triggers for that sort of thing yet. There's a menu up and menu down sound, but nothing specific to the entry yet.

Mention that in the Request Thread and I'll add it to the "To Do" list (Something I meant to do anyway)

ray12944

• Archived User
Attention Skinners!
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2003, 08:42:00 AM »

QUOTE (geodeath @ Jul 8 2003, 03:43 PM)
i cant find this fontbundler yet on bins. I am gonna search a little more though.
Ok, i will post this in the to do list.
probably some hours after i get my hands on this fontbundler, i will release my skin for all!
wink.gif

Its There  smile.gif

its  in the MXM  Directory , theres a folder called Tools or extras something like that    There are some skins in there aswell

geodeath

• Archived User
Attention Skinners!
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2003, 09:17:00 AM »

ahh, its called geoloader. i didnt find a better name yet. Suggestions are welcome for anything. its already posted

dmb062082

• Archived User
Attention Skinners!
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2003, 10:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (geodeath @ Jul 8 2003, 04:02 PM)
Well, i created a rather good looking skin for MXM or at least i like it much smile.gif

It would be my pleasure to be the default one or to be included with MXM. It currently has support for video/screenshot preview, cover art, the small game logo, all at once in the menu screen. The only thing not really inovative is the saver, since i dont have any ideas about it.

Also, i would use sound when the title shows but i cant get it to work...
I tried using both wav and wma and i cant get it playing. Only if i define it as a soundtrack (as a file) but this goes on playing for the whole skin, which i dont want.

I am trying to upload the skin to allxboxskins but my F@%%@# isp is giving me crap

user posted image

dude this looks fuckin, amazing! I think the way you placed your borders around your game movies is perfect. And the game cover idea was ingenious!

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Attention Skinners!
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2003, 10:54:00 AM »

QUOTE (geodeath @ Jul 8 2003, 02:36 PM)
thanks for the good comments!

I have a problem creating fonts. No matter the font (i tried 2-3) when converted to xpr format, they have a black border around them when displayed in MXM. However, the very same fonts does not have this problem while in the menu. i cant understand this. At first i thought it was the specific font, but after  3 tries?

uhh.gif

??

You didn't check the "Outline" option in FontMaker, did you?

The Font looks OK in the menu on MXM but bordered in Text Elements? If so, the font is OK... you just have "glow" set to true in the Text Element's attributes (this basically makes several 'shadowcolor' copies of the text under the actual text)

geodeath

• Archived User
Attention Skinners!
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2003, 11:00:00 AM »

uhh.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Attention Skinners!
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2003, 11:04:00 AM »

I'm at work right now... I can't check the skin out myself.

The glow works with the shadow color... you could use a translucent color code (alpha channel) to lighten it up, or even a modifier to change the color dynamically. I use those techniques, and some fonts look better than others, too, with glow.

geodeath

• Archived User
Attention Skinners!
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2003, 11:48:00 AM »

pop.gif

The new and probably final (except of course in case of bugs) version and it is available in allxboxskins as Geoloader 1.1.
Try it everyone and let me know. Sorry for posting 2 skins in less than 4 hours, but it was for good. I also included ready to fill xml files for easy configuration.

Let me know what you think.

I am gonna burn a compilation tommorow.

jester.gif

oh, and thanks to ben jeremy for all your help and your awesome program dude.
Pages: 1 2 [3]