xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Bug Reports: Mxm 0.9k  (Read 200 times)

Xzigx

• Archived User
Bug Reports: Mxm 0.9k
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2003, 07:57:00 PM »

tongue.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2003, 08:26:00 PM »

QUOTE (Xzigx @ May 15 2003, 11:57 PM)
one thing I think I would like to see would be the ability to have multiple "boxes on the screen" ie one box would be able to display c: one fopr e: and another f: etc...   This being possible would also require a way to switch betweeen the different boxes ala the white button or one of the triggers!!

Also , this may or may not be worthwhile" I would like to have the option of placing images and movies within circles as opposed to just n-gons, although there may be some distortion, I have a really kickass idea for a skin which would rely heavily upon this capability.

Great program, Get that FTP working!!!  tongue.gif

I guess I'm not following on the "Multiple boxes" thing. Are you talking about menus?

As far as the circular "windows" - I hope to be able to settle down and add some of that capability; I need to figure out the proper way to use a gray-scale image as an alpha mask for another texture.... that would allow images to be presented in a variety of shapes and gradients.

Xzigx

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2003, 09:29:00 PM »

yeah with the  "multiple boxes" what i mean is to have say four menus within one skin and the ability to switch between them.  I'm not porposing this as practicle but it would be interesting for multigame dvds and the like where you could set four different "menus" and each could be for a seperate game with a video for each.  each game video would then sit idle until it was highlighted/selected and then would begin to play.  MAybe I'm off on me rationale though

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2003, 03:42:00 AM »

QUOTE (Xzigx @ May 16 2003, 01:29 AM)
yeah with the  "multiple boxes" what i mean is to have say four menus within one skin and the ability to switch between them.  I'm not porposing this as practicle but it would be interesting for multigame dvds and the like where you could set four different "menus" and each could be for a seperate game with a video for each.  each game video would then sit idle until it was highlighted/selected and then would begin to play.  MAybe I'm off on me rationale though

So you mean like a thumbnail menu, of sorts...

Yeah, I'll eventually get that in. I hadn't thought of making the preview videos inactive until selected, though. That's a good idea to prevent too much bandwidth usage, playing multiple videos at the same time, when showing a selection screen with 16 selections on it smile.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2003, 04:50:00 AM »

Well for those that can use the information, the "WIP" binaries have been updated (read the first post in this thread for what's new).

This update has Compound Strings.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2003, 02:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (Gomorule @ May 20 2003, 06:13 PM)
I just want to say thank you to BenJeremy for all the hard work that you have put in to this great dashboard.   biggrin.gif

Now on to the bug.  I am using MXM .9k with Gencore v2. I have noticed a couple things. The IP address is always reported as 0.0.0.0 which I know has been posted here before.  The other is if I reset the menu cache using the system menu and reboot the xbox as it says it always defaults back to the default MXM skin.  Then if I delete the MenuCache file from the MXM directory and reboot it will correctly load Gencore.

Hope this helps. Sorry if they have both been addressed before.

Keep up the great work.  Really looking forward to .9L Any release date?  cool.gif

Well, not sure about the IP issue. IT works fine for me here on both of my Xboxes. IP assignment will be in a future version of MXM (not "L" but perhaps the next one)

The skin wierdness - well, I'll have to look at that. Thanks for detailing it; it will give me something to look for.

"L" should be out by the weekend. I'm adding net clock synchronization and one bit for skinners... and I'd also like to sort out the FTP Server's directory issue so it works with most/all FTP clients (works great with FlashFXP and LeapFTP right now)

makaveli662xxx

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2003, 05:00:00 PM »

BenJeremy, I have MXM .9k with Generator Skin v2 as my current dashboard.  I have everything set up, but I have a problem with XBMP.  It loads up and runs fine from MXM, but when I click on the return to dashboard button from within XBMP, it sends me to a plain looking MXM with the Matrix things moving in the background.  Do you know what is wrong?  Thanks for your help!

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2003, 09:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (makaveli662xxx @ May 20 2003, 09:00 PM)
BenJeremy, I have MXM .9k with Generator Skin v2 as my current dashboard.  I have everything set up, but I have a problem with XBMP.  It loads up and runs fine from MXM, but when I click on the return to dashboard button from within XBMP, it sends me to a plain looking MXM with the Matrix things moving in the background.  Do you know what is wrong?  Thanks for your help!

Well, it's an odd situation... I've been digging into a lot of undocumented stuff lately, and hopefully, one of the changes I make will solve the problems with some of this weird behavior (has to do with the way apps launch each other)

Xzigx

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2003, 07:56:00 PM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ May 19 2003, 08:50 AM)
Well for those that can use the information, the "WIP" binaries have been updated (read the first post in this thread for what's new).

This update has Compound Strings.

these can be compiled with???
Pages: 1 2 [3]