xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Bug Reports: Mxm 0.9k  (Read 202 times)

ray12944

• Archived User
Bug Reports: Mxm 0.9k
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2003, 02:22:00 PM »

sad.gif   What gives

::EDIT:: Check out my signature If you need to know my box's setup
vvvv

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2003, 07:37:00 PM »

QUOTE (djohng @ May 7 2003, 11:21 PM)
I've tried a couple of wmv files, and found out that the new Windows Media Player 9 adds an encoder, which DOES NOT work with MXM.  I've tried several movies (avi) encoded with wm8, which works great, then with wm9, and I get lockups everytime with the wm9 encoded file.

So heads up, stick with WM8...encoder.

-Have fun!

-djohng mad.gif

Yes, this is why I reiterate the point to only use WM8 movies. It's actually a well know situaion.

The WMV libraries are no longer included with the XDK, so in other words, support will never be updated past WM8 for the Xbox.

WM7.1 also works, according to some people.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2003, 08:05:00 PM »

I've added a Progress Report to the first post in this thread... so be sure to take a gander.

New for the next version includes strings for the temperature and BIOS, as well as Current SubMenu for skinners.

Currently working on DVD issues. No auto-run yet, but that's in the future, obviously. It will be trivial to add.

WIP binaries have been updated.

takamine

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2003, 08:49:00 PM »

About my 0.0.0.0 IP problem, I just want to say that regardless of whether or not the string shows the proper IP, I can still log in.  

So if the string shows 192.168.1.100 or 0.0.0.0, I can still log into .100 just fine.  So I guess it's purely a cosmetic problem.

bobmckenzie

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2003, 10:26:00 PM »

A couple quick comments (these may not actually be "bugs"):

0. Excellent program!

1. I have my Sega GT/Jet Set Radio Future combo DVD backed up on my hard disk and would like both games to show up on the game menu (I don't want a submenu).  I was hoping to create a MXM_entry.xml that looks like this in that directory:

<Config>
<Item>
<Title>Sega GT</Title>
<Exe>SegaGT.xbe</Exe>
</Item>
<Item>
<Title>Jet Set Radio Future</Title>
<Exe>SegaJSRF.xbe</Exe>
</Item>
</Config>

Unfortunately, MXM only shows Jet Set Radio Future on the menu.

2. When MXM creates automatically scans the directories my menu items end up in a somewhat random order.  Is this behavior expected?

Thanks for this great program!

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2003, 04:08:00 AM »

Well, the code should treat the MXM_Entry.xml file just like any menu.xml file... that is, it should handle multiple entries, but it may not like the fact they are in the same directory.... I'll have to take a look at that.

As for the ordering on autoconfig, that will occur in whatever order they appear in the file system.

In a future version, I will have some sort of sorting scheme in place (as usual, it will be a bit more flexible than the other dashboards).

StrongBad

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2003, 02:08:00 PM »

BJ, here's a quickie request:

Assign the 'B' button on the controller to return to the previous menu.  Currently only the 'Back' button does it.  But I feel I can navigate quicker using 'A' to enter submenus and execute xbe's and 'B' to return to the previous menu (a la MS Dash, EvoX, and neXgen).  

Whatcha think!?

sb

StrongBad

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2003, 05:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ May 11 2003, 07:04 PM)
OK... done. That was painless. Just had to make sure I wasn't already using it for something. smile.gif

Now THAT's product support!  beerchug.gif

Ugh... had a power outage this afternoon, wife overdue from work, as my truck is in the shop for transmission work (don't ask about the bill... it's WAY too much), I've got a borrowed Blazer, and the battery, for some reason, went dead.

:::sigh::: believe it or not, today was still better a better day than yesterday.

Ugh, sorry man..  I hope all goes well the rest of the week.  But since MXM is your passion (it IS your passion, RIGHT?) let me run another one by you:
Decrease the transparency of the MXM system menu block, or better yet, give the control over to us skinners.  The current setting clashes with my current skin rendering the menu almost unreadable.  So.. whatcha think!?

Your pal,
sb

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2003, 07:08:00 PM »

OK, the system menus and message boxes will be color configurable for skinners in the next version.

The WIP binaries have been updated.

For those familiar with the WIP, check the first post here for the update on progress.

I have a few more things to wrap up, and I'll be releasing "L" - probably later this week.

StrongBad

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2003, 09:57:00 PM »

blink.gif

My suggestion:
Y = Dedicated system menu
B = Dedicated back WITHOUT system menu ability
Back = Leave as is

Your thoughts?

bartdesign

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2003, 12:50:00 PM »

smile.gif Love your app!!

BjB

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2003, 02:08:00 PM »

QUOTE (bartdesign @ May 12 2003, 04:50 PM)
My experiences with 9k. Ive been testing it as my default dash. When i insert a game disc with an mxm menu on it and the i reboot the machine from within the mxm menu it doesn't show up with the choices only the first game. It is strange becuase it seems that it loads only some parts of the gen skin. Example the box around the game name doesn't appear and when u use a movie for your game it plays the music which is not the correct setting for the gen skin. It is almost like it isn't loaded fully.

Further it works perfectly. Only my ip displays 0.0.0.0.

Further things that i would like to see are a music selection box in the menu and a sort of dvd drive scanning feature so that you could see what is actually inserted and a entry for the menu to load it. The buttons are also a good idea! These are just suggestions smile.gif Love your app!!

BjB

Well, I have "Auto-launch" working... for single game discs and for movies. I plan on incorporating multi-game disc support in the form of creating a special menu on-the-fly when an MXM multi-game disc is inserted.

I'll also have to add more support for the music. I was thinking about "skip" (next) as well as adding support for the skinners to display the current song on screen.

I might also squeeze in modifiers based on the music output (actually the other feedback I was thinking of was the temperatures and time - imagine a box that glows red as the system gets hotter or a background that grows darker at night).

I'll have to look at what buttons I have available yet...

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2003, 08:22:00 PM »

Well, the WIP now incorporates a music skip feature, and there are lots of little improvements for skinners. - oh, AutoLaunch is a nice one... it can integrate older multi-game discs right into the menu while they are inserted.

When I finish the compound string support, random resource selection, and clean up one nagging issue with D3D rendering, I'll do a general release of 0.9l.

The WIP binaries have been updated (See the first post in this thread for what's new).

StrongBad

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2003, 08:55:00 PM »

Nice stuff.  I'll have a look first thing in the morning.  My GF got a job, so I'm freeeeeeeeeeee!

StrongBad

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2003, 09:21:00 PM »

How about you slip this into L before you release it..

In the system menu, let the user select an option that leads to a settings/status screen where it displays all the informative strings you have available that a skin may not support.  You've built all these great strings, but you've left their inclusion up to the skinner.  So I say build it in so the user can access it themselves.  So that way, as a skinner, I don't feel guilty leaving them out because they take away from the elegance of a skin.  

a la evox a la nexgen a la msdash

It would give skinners the freedom of displaying strings at will in the main screen, but the users comfort that they still have the ALL the information available to them with the press of a button.
Pages: 1 [2] 3