xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Media X Menu 0.9k  (Read 164 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9k
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2003, 04:30:00 AM »

QUOTE (J.P. Patches @ May 6 2003, 06:59 PM)
The FTP server reads the current IP and uses it for the IP.  I had implemented a way to change the IP that the xbox thinks it's at for use behind a firewall, but that was mainly for testing.  

Should it be put in for all?

Hey BenJ...  I've got the new stuff at home.  I can take a look at putting the config stuff back if you'd like.

Yes, I'd like to implement IP assignment, temporary and permanent.

I also need to re-examine the changes I made to the FTP Server in terms of DVD drive access (currently, it remounts when a user accesses D:\) since it's not very multi-user friendly.

J.P. Patches

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9k
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2003, 09:32:00 AM »

Sounds good.  I will probably hack on it this weekend.

Bravo

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9k
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2003, 12:30:00 PM »

Is there a way to add an update feature like avalaunch, I really hate going out and searching the usual places to get a new version.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9k
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2003, 03:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (Bravo @ May 8 2003, 04:30 PM)
Is there a way to add an update feature like avalaunch, I really hate going out and searching the usual places to get a new version.

Well, to be honest, those guys might be setting themselves up for a rough time.

I'm not going to get into details, but there's a reason why I don't have a web site offering the binaries directly.  unsure.gif

the joker

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9k
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2003, 04:43:00 AM »

smile.gif

What's not legal is to have to software you update _FROM_ tho =P

the joker

• Archived User
Media X Menu 0.9k
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2003, 03:25:00 PM »

hupp

I've got a good grip on sockets as well as protocols - I've made the ftp server as well as the irc client/http client and proxy client.  Don't be worried to ask =)   However, there's a lot more work in the updater than it seems - when you one day get to the point that you're thinking about adding it - lemme know and I'll hook you up with the stuff you need to support.

as for competition, yea... This is prolly the only real competition that is in any movement.  Nexgen killed it self off by wrong tactics and evox haven't done anything but tuning the last year.  

However, there's another unnamed one, that the creators only use internally. Looked quite awesome and the featurelist made me sick in the stomach..  so I've thrown my pillows and my condoms in the garbage - coz I'm not gonna have time to use any of them if I want to keep my pride after it's released =)

nah, competition either makes you quit - or it raises the goal.  I think that both you and me are on the same train there - we program for fun and competition just make is fun _and_ interesting.   Ofcourse - I have yet to test MXM.

Blazed never tested my XB-FTP
I never tested Blaxed's XtoolBox.

weird how a programmers pride works =)  Don't really wanna check out the "enemy"  lol    No BJ, come to irc some day and I'm sure we'll have a good time.

beer's on me.

-TJ
Pages: 1 [2]