xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Bug Reports: Mxm 0.9k  (Read 201 times)

takamine

• Archived User
Bug Reports: Mxm 0.9k
« on: May 05, 2003, 09:33:00 PM »

Spotty loading of custom skins.

My skin will work one minute, but fail after a minor tweak of the MXM Skin XML file.  And by minor, I mean, something as little as changing the delay time on the saver or something.  Very minor, yet it fails to load and instead loads the safe mode skin.

Other times it loads the Matrix Skin without even me specifying it in my menu.xml file.

Random skins is an awesome feature, but please let us have a tag to turn it on and off.

X-eQteR

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2003, 10:29:00 PM »

Does the sound of video preview games have som sort of delay time to change in any of the xml files, my videos were working well with mxm 9i but every time i try to use the Skingenerator or now this new matrix skin my video's sound is terrible...kind cuts every other second!

ray12944

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 11:04:00 PM »

Hey BenJeremy

I was Wondering If you worked out any bugs on the In Game Reset Issue

It works if its launched after evox, but  When its The Defaut dash its not working for me
I dont suppose theres a tag to turn it on. smile.gif

Also for the FTP when I try to connect I get the Following on FlashFXP

DEBUG VERSION
WinSock 2.0
Connecting to XBOX
Connected to 192.168.2.4 Port 21
220 MXM FTP ready.
USER xbox
331 Send password.
PASS (hidden)
230 Welcome to MXM's FTP server
SYST
215 UNIX (sorta) done by J.P. Patches
REST 100
350 Restart okay.
REST 0
350 Restart okay.
PWD
257 "" is the cwd.
TYPE A
200 Mode is set to A.
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (127,0,0,1,45,35).
Data Socket Error: Connection refused

In any case, These are just Details, Just  FYI
Great Program over all ,  The Chache Feature Ace work, Loads Lightning Fast
and Everything runs Smoother

Thaks Again

P.S.  I got a v1.0 Xbox,  Cheapmod w/ Evox D6 Bios, and Western Digital 120 gig HD

prowl

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2003, 03:11:00 AM »

try turning pasv off in your ftp client and see what happens.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2003, 04:35:00 AM »

QUOTE (takamine @ May 6 2003, 03:06 AM)
An update to my problem.. it seems as if I get more consistent skin loading if I do NOT use the <LoadSkin> tag.  Instead, I just only load the skin I want to use on my Xbox.  If I have multiples, I have problems.  

Also, to the last post, I also get spotty audio.. except with the Matrix skin.

That seems very odd.... I spent a LOT of time tweaking the Matrix skin, and never had it fail outright on me.

Post a skin that fails, so I can see what might be going on.

Also, as a check for ANY XML files, double-click it in Windows to bring up Internet Explorer, which will display XML files in a special manner, and display any errors in the file.

(Actually, MatrixSkin has a small error, but it doesn't affect the parser... it's an extra "</Modifier>" endtag in one of the elements.)

gainpresence

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2003, 06:05:00 AM »

I love it, BenJ.

I ripped my own (higher quality, bigger file) Matrix intro off the Matrix DVD, but other than that, I like it the way it is (I also dropped the DVD menu music into the MUSIC folder smile.gif).

I'm running MXM 0.9k as F:\xboxdash.xbe, MXM.xml and the skin directories have to be in C:\ (MXM info says it's running on C as well), but that's not too much of a problem.

FTP connects (uses the same IP as evox and XBL.. does it go out and find it?), but I can't see any files, it just gives me "C", "D", "E", and "F", but when I click on any of them, they're blank, and I can't write to them. Maybe it's an issue of running MXM off of F?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2003, 07:26:00 AM »

QUOTE (gainpresence @ May 6 2003, 10:05 AM)
I love it, BenJ.

I ripped my own (higher quality, bigger file) Matrix intro off the Matrix DVD, but other than that, I like it the way it is (I also dropped the DVD menu music into the MUSIC folder smile.gif).

I'm running MXM 0.9k as F:xboxdash.xbe, MXM.xml and the skin directories have to be in C: (MXM info says it's running on C as well), but that's not too much of a problem.

FTP connects (uses the same IP as evox and XBL.. does it go out and find it?), but I can't see any files, it just gives me "C", "D", "E", and "F", but when I click on any of them, they're blank, and I can't write to them. Maybe it's an issue of running MXM off of F?

Shouldn't be an issue.... at the very least, you should see C:

I'll have to look into it. You did log in as xbox/xbox, right?

I'll look into the ability to assign an IP, but for now, it works off the defaults already set into the Xbox by other apps (such as Evo-X).

I only tested the dash from C:, but I did impliment a search to check all the roots for the MXM.xml file. I'll look back into the code.

Thanks for the feedback.

gainpresence

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2003, 10:17:00 AM »

I found the problem, the FTP server doesn't like anything but FlashFXP.

Not too bad, but I prefer CuteFTP Pro.. and I think I only have 30 days of FlashFXP.

LepPpeR

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2003, 10:41:00 AM »

QUOTE (gainpresence @ May 6 2003, 01:17 PM)
I found the problem, the FTP server doesn't like anything but FlashFXP.

Not too bad, but I prefer CuteFTP Pro.. and I think I only have 30 days of FlashFXP.

I found that when I tried it I need to turn off Passive Connect in FlashFXP.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2003, 11:37:00 AM »

Hmmm... odd. I'll check on that tonight. Seemed like J.P.Patches test worked OK with LeapFTP.

I'll add it to the list.

takamine

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2003, 11:50:00 AM »

1.  Still spotty skin loading
2.  Spotty IP recognization - Sometimes it shows up in the string as the correct IP, other times, it just says 0.0.0.0

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2003, 12:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (takamine @ May 6 2003, 03:50 PM)
1.  Still spotty skin loading
2.  Spotty IP recognization - Sometimes it shows up in the string as the correct IP, other times, it just says 0.0.0.0

I haven't seen the 0.0.0.0 running MXM, but I've seen it in Evo-X - seems to be a problem under certain circumstances.

If I can recreate it, though, I might be able to figure out a solution.

ray12944

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2003, 08:30:00 PM »

QUOTE (J.P. Patches @ May 6 2003, 11:25 PM)
QUOTE (ray12944 @ May 6 2003, 12:04 AM)
227 Entering Passive Mode (127,0,0,1,45,35).

That's wacky.  What's happeneing here is that the Xbox is querying for it's IP and all it sees is it's own loopback/localhost.  This is when you're running it as default dash or from something else?  Does it make a difference?  Does it happen all the time?

Yes You hit it Right on the Button! smile.gif

I have MXM as my default dash, In fact I forgot to mention This is the only reason I had those 2 little problems.
The IGR And FTP

And yes it does this everytime I try to connect,  But No biggie I just launch Evox Via MXM and Im all set

Just trying to help debbug mxm as a dash replacement smile.gif

Happy to help   ( Im no help am I  laugh.gif )

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2003, 08:59:00 AM »

QUOTE (djhush @ May 7 2003, 11:59 AM)
One weird little thing I noticed:

I have The Sims backed up to my HD.  In EvoX, the title shows up just fine, but in MXM, It appends a question mark on the end, so for some reason, it shows up as "The Sims?"

Not sure if this is a legitimate bug or not.

Hmmm... I'll have to look at that. I have The Sims at home somewhere, but MXM doesn't append anything, so it's more likely the character, for whatever reason, just isn't showing up in Evo-X.

That could be corrected by making a specific entry for it.

J.P. Patches

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2003, 09:44:00 AM »

QUOTE (ray12944 @ May 6 2003, 09:30 PM)
And yes it does this everytime I try to connect,  But No biggie I just launch Evox Via MXM and Im all set

Would it be possible for you to start with EvoX and launch MXM and let me know what happens there?

Thanks for the help.
Pages: [1] 2 3