xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Loading Skins  (Read 92 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Loading Skins
« on: May 05, 2003, 12:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (takamine @ May 5 2003, 04:32 PM)
Since there is no more <Main> section, how do you load a different skin?  Sure, each skin is in its own directory.. but where do you specify which one you always want to load?  I tried loading one of my own skins and Generator Skin, but MXM seems to load each up randomly.  I don't want a random skin.. I want to specify.  But how?  TIA!

In the <Main> node of the MXM.xml file, you specify a <LoadSkin> element with the value of the directory name you want to load.

takamine

• Archived User
Loading Skins
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2003, 12:50:00 PM »

Ok.. so you're also saying that it uses the directory name and NOT <Skin Name=”MySkin”>, eh?

takamine

• Archived User
Loading Skins
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 12:54:00 PM »

And again... i strictly specified the dir name in the <Main> element and MXM is still loading different skins randomly.  What could be causing that?  Has an issue with multiple skins in the MXM directory?

takamine

• Archived User
Loading Skins
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2003, 01:47:00 PM »

Value(s): Unique skin name
Description: This name is used to identify the skin out of a group of available skins when the MXM.xml configuration file spells out a specific skin to load.
Defaults: Defaults to the directory name.
Example:

<Skin Name=”MySkin”>
</Skin>

Aliases: N/A
Compatibility: 0.9i

But your skinning overview says it uses the skin name.. not the directory.  So if the skin name is different than the directory name.. you should use the skin name and not the directory?  And if they're both the same?  Etc.. sorry.. just a little confused at the randomness going on.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Loading Skins
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2003, 02:10:00 PM »

QUOTE (takamine @ May 5 2003, 05:47 PM)

Value(s): Unique skin name
Description: This name is used to identify the skin out of a group of available skins when the MXM.xml configuration file spells out a specific skin to load.
Defaults: Defaults to the directory name.
Example:

<Skin Name=”MySkin”>
</Skin>

Aliases: N/A
Compatibility: 0.9i

But your skinning overview says it uses the skin name.. not the directory.  So if the skin name is different than the directory name.. you should use the skin name and not the directory?  And if they're both the same?  Etc.. sorry.. just a little confused at the randomness going on.

Either one should work, actually.

RolfLobker

• Archived User
Loading Skins
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2003, 02:19:00 AM »

CODE

xs