xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mxm Generator Skin And Preview Videos  (Read 65 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Mxm Generator Skin And Preview Videos
« on: April 29, 2003, 03:08:00 AM »

QUOTE (rastaman @ Apr 29 2003, 03:53 AM)
I just upgraded to .9i from .9h, .9h worked well and I had the generator skin with the preview videos for each game.  Now that I am using .9i the videos no longer show up, just a thumbnail that I guess came from the thumbnail file.  How do I get these videos working again?

Thanks

I'll have to look into this. They SHOULD be there. How were you configured to display the videos? Were they namesd "MXM_SS.wmv" and placed with the games, or did you provide individual Media entries?

rastaman

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2003, 09:04:00 AM »

I put the name of the video in the menu.xml like I would in .9i

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2003, 09:27:00 AM »

QUOTE (rastaman @ Apr 29 2003, 01:04 PM)
I put the name of the video in the menu.xml like I would in .9i

Could you post that part of the file? I can use that to check on my own dev system to see what's happening there.

rastaman

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2003, 09:36:00 AM »

OK I put the videos in the respective games folder and it worked, one other question, how do I add custom music to the menu.  I had it working last night, moved the videos today and it stopped working, I must have done it the wrong way the first time (through the skin xml file).

* I think I figured out why the sound stopped working, the videos are playing their background sound, which is silence (when pictures show up the audio works)  I tried disabling background audio with <AllowVideoSound>No</AllowVideoSound> but that cause the menu.xml not to load, any suggestions on how to cut off the videos background audio? *

Thanks

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2003, 09:41:00 AM »

QUOTE (rastaman @ Apr 29 2003, 01:36 PM)
OK I put the videos in the respective games folder and it worked, one other question, how do I add custom music to the menu.  I had it working last night, moved the videos today and it stopped working, I must have done it the wrong way the first time (through the skin xml file).

Thanks

The soundtrack stuff is a mess at the moment. The no-pain way is to add a "Music" directory under MXM and fill it with WMA files.

I'm cleaning that up in a major way for the "K" ("J" skipped) release later this week.