xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: First Impressions  (Read 107 times)

Chanibus

• Archived User
First Impressions
« on: April 27, 2003, 02:12:00 AM »

I'm a first time user of MediaXMenu, I have to say it's pretty nice, it's simple but powerful, I don't like the skin too much but I know more options are on the way and it's functional like a default skin should be, I definitely like this more than Nexgen and Avalaunch so far but Evox seems so easy to configure, I mean I know it's a pain to go into the .ini file all the time but it seems so much better to customize, tell me what you guys think of MediaX so far, btw what all am I suppose to have inside the MediaXMenu folder anyways?  I have default.xbe, new default folder, and MXM.xml that I got from the Dash_config folder, did I miss anything?

kidzag

• Archived User
First Impressions
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2003, 08:47:00 AM »

where can I find the MXM_MoviePack1-SB.rar it's not on allxboxskins ???

BenJeremy

• Archived User
First Impressions
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2003, 08:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (kidzag @ Apr 27 2003, 12:47 PM)

I know a bunch of movies were just released on usenet on alt.binaries.cd.image.xbox (Look at my link "The Usual Places")

I can tell you that because they aren't programs smile.gif

CloudEx

• Archived User
First Impressions
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2003, 09:32:00 AM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Apr 27 2003, 05:55 PM)

I know a bunch of movies were just released on usenet on alt.binaries.cd.image.xbox (Look at my link "The Usual Places")

Can you tell me how to join that newsgroup?  I have no idea how to set it up.  I tried to set it up in Outlook Express, but it won't connect to alt.binaries.cd.image.xbox.

Can you help a poor guy out?   sad.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
First Impressions
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2003, 09:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (CloudEx @ Apr 27 2003, 01:32 PM)
QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Apr 27 2003, 05:55 PM)

Can you tell me how to join that newsgroup?  I have no idea how to set it up.  I tried to set it up in Outlook Express, but it won't connect to alt.binaries.cd.image.xbox.

Can you help a poor guy out?   sad.gif

Check out the link in my signature...

As for using Outlook Express, that kind-sorta works, but basically SUCKS for newsreading binaries. newsbin or agent are the preferred binary newsreaders.

As for 'joining' the group, your ISP's 'free' usenet server may not host it. That's why my link discusses better alternatives.