xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Media X Menu Faq!  (Read 642 times)

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Media X Menu Faq!
« on: May 21, 2004, 06:29:00 AM »

<Submenu>
<SortField>Title</SortField>
<Title>Games</Title>
<Description />
<Item>
<AutoDir Flatten="true" Recurse="true">E:\games\</AutoDir>
</Item>
<Item>
<AutoDir Flatten="true" Recurse="true">F:\games\</AutoDir>
</Item>
<Item>
<AutoDir Flatten="true" Recurse="true">E:\HDDLoader\</AutoDir>
</Item>
<Item>
<AutoDir Flatten="true" Recurse="true">F:\HDDLoader\</AutoDir>
</Item>
</Submenu>

pelago

• Recovered User
Media X Menu Faq!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 11:21:00 AM »

QUOTE (Terin @ May 21 2004, 03:15 PM)
I am using MXM beta .9m

Also, you should probably upgrade to the latest MXM, 0.9n.6.

MorfiusX

• Archived User
Media X Menu Faq!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2003, 07:43:00 AM »

Do you have a question about MediaXMenu?

This thread will serve as a working FAQ on how to use this great program to create multi game disks.

I will try to answer any questions regarding the program and, hopefully, so will the creator BenJeremy. This thread will eventually be converted into a HTML format for use on the Media X Menu web site.

You can visit MediaXMenu's web site here.

Q: What is MediaXMenu?
A: MediaXMenu is a program developed by BenJeremy. This program was designed to allow for more than one game to be put on a single blank DVD disk as well as surpass the limitations od CPX MenuX.

Q: How do I use MediaXMenu?
A: You can visit MediaXMenu's web site here. MediaXMenu also comes with a "Readme.txt" file that tells you how to configure the program. More detailed tutorial will be coming shortly.

MOD edit: And don't forget to check out Ray12944's MXM site (linked from the MXM Site) for detailed set-up instructions and more.

bigcol

• Archived User
Media X Menu Faq!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2003, 09:38:00 AM »

Yes. I have a question. How do i use it in a step by step guide for mxm dummies! Shame someone hasnt created a tutorial for mxm for the complete and utter noob who has just d/l mxm and has no clue what to do.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Media X Menu Faq!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2003, 10:11:00 AM »

QUOTE (bigcol @ Jan 25 2003, 12:27 PM)
Yes. I have a question. How do i use it in a step by step guide for mxm dummies! Shame someone hasnt created a tutorial for mxm for the complete and utter noob who has just d/l mxm and has no clue what to do.

Well, there is a tutorial, for bare minimal installation using MXM.

Hopefully, in the coming weeks, there will be more tutorials, though.

MorfiusX

• Archived User
Media X Menu Faq!
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2003, 11:33:00 AM »

QUOTE (bigcol @ Jan 25 2003, 11:27 AM)

I have been working on new tutorial on how to set up MXM from scratch. I have been very busy lately and haven't had much time. But, it's in the works. You should be able to find the tutorial here, or on MXM's website when I am finished.

ExOrCizT

• Archived User
Media X Menu Faq!
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2003, 11:25:00 AM »

where u get iT?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Media X Menu Faq!
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2003, 11:56:00 AM »

QUOTE (ExOrCizT @ Feb 9 2003, 03:25 PM)
where u get iT?

The standard answer is that I can't tell you directly where to get it, HOWEVER, I can say that looking for MXMReadMe.txt in xbox-related usenet groups is a good place to start, and should help you find it in short order.

If you don't know what usenet is, try a search and pay attention to "Easynews" and "news2me" related posts here.

b0ink

• Archived User
Media X Menu Faq!
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2003, 01:27:00 PM »

Hey BenJ.... I have 2 (hopefully) quick questions for you.  

1) I have been using the MXM auto-config for a while now with no problems.  I'm just dropping a MXM_SS file in each game directory, makeing an iso of everything then burning.  Up till now everything has been working fine.  However, I just tried making a multi-game disk with Robotwars (I know it's a crappy game.. no jokes).  Anyway... MXM boots up but when I select RW in the menu it MXM freezes up.  The MXM_SS pic is just a jpg from the xbox site.  When I created an ISO of the game alone it boots and plays fine.  Do you know of any issues with the game.

2) I am using IGR from the executer bios.  When I boot off a MXM DVD all goes OK... However, when I then use IGR to reboot the box after loading any game everything just goes black.  I have to power off/on the box and boot again.  Any ideas?

BTW... thanks for the great utility.

b0ink

This post has been edited by b0ink: Feb 10 2003, 09:28 PM

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Media X Menu Faq!
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2003, 12:20:00 PM »

QUOTE (b0ink @ Feb 10 2003, 04:16 PM)
Hey BenJ.... I have 2 (hopefully) quick questions for you.  

1) I have been using the MXM auto-config for a while now with no problems.  I'm just dropping a MXM_SS file in each game directory, makeing an iso of everything then burning.  Up till now everything has been working fine.  However, I just tried making a multi-game disk with Robotwars (I know it's a crappy game.. no jokes).  Anyway... MXM boots up but when I select RW in the menu it MXM freezes up.  The MXM_SS pic is just a jpg from the xbox site.  When I created an ISO of the game alone it boots and plays fine.  Do you know of any issues with the game.

2) I am using IGR from the executer bios.  When I boot off a MXM DVD all goes OK... However, when I then use IGR to reboot the box after loading any game everything just goes black.  I have to power off/on the box and boot again.  Any ideas?

BTW... thanks for the great utility.

b0ink

I never got Robot Wars to work from a subdirectory or HD... that might be the key. So the issue might be that it simply doesn't work from a subdirectory.

Yeah, it's a piece o' crap game, though, so no great loss, right?  tongue.gif

As for IGR, Team Xecutor was looking into it, as they have tools to debug better then I do. MXM also doesn't like being launched from BoXplorer, and I suspect there is a relationship there.

b0ink

• Archived User
Media X Menu Faq!
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2003, 01:37:00 PM »

I actually got RW to work from the HD without any issues. Oh well... it's not like I am going to ever play it again anyway.

Would IGR work if I used EvolutionX's dashboard version?

ExOrCizT

• Archived User
Media X Menu Faq!
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2003, 12:26:00 PM »

urgh!!! usenet cost money!!  isnt there a place on mirc?  its not on xbinz

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Media X Menu Faq!
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2003, 01:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (ExOrCizT @ Feb 10 2003, 04:26 PM)
urgh!!! usenet cost money!!  isnt there a place on mirc?  its not on xbinz

I've been told that the #xbins ftp site hosts something in the dashboard area, whatever that might be  biggrin.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Media X Menu Faq!
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2003, 02:59:00 PM »

Here's one of the new "initialization" screen options:

(IMG:http://www.writersgallery.com/bj/MXM/MXMIntro_MATRIX.jpg)

It's animated and runs while MXM is loading the skin and game data (can replace the sky and logo screen)

This post has been edited by BenJeremy: Feb 10 2003, 11:00 PM

ExOrCizT

• Archived User
Media X Menu Faq!
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2003, 02:29:00 PM »

HeH there it is
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13