xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Qwix And Ed@chip, (ed On A Chip)  (Read 305 times)

tnbigdawg

• Archived User
Qwix And Ed@chip, (ed On A Chip)
« on: January 21, 2006, 08:11:00 AM »

First of all I believe Qwix was meant to be run with only Avalaunch or other supported dashboard. Use the dashboard's FTP and it should work.

exceltious

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 08:00:00 PM »

I dont have avalunch i have evox and my chip has its oun ftp built in

tnbigdawg

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 10:24:00 PM »

Then why are you saying that you're using ED@Chip? That's not an FTP server built into the chip. Well anyways like I said, Qwix HAS to be run with something like Avalaunch or some other supported dash. What you can do is get Avalaunch and install it in your xbox either as your main dash or as an application. THEN you can use Qwix.

exceltious

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 03:19:00 PM »

Ed@chip came with my smartxx chip and yes it performs ftp fuctions. I dont see the need to have more than one dashdoard. Thanks for your help though

tnbigdawg

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 12:26:00 AM »

Haha, ED@Chip is not a BUILT-IN ftp server. It's FTP but not built into the modchip's OS. It can be run from the flash or loaded into RAM. But that's not my point.

Anyways like I was trying to say: I'm pretty sure Qwix WON'T work unless you have a SUPPORTED dash because if you don't, Qwix won't connect to your xbox. Get what I'm saying?

To make it simple: If you want to use Qwix, you gotta use something like Avalaunch's FTP(meaning use something like Avalaunch dashboard). It has something to do with the way the two softwares were coded since the two were designed to work together with special features.

Goodluck