xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Qwix Develoment ...  (Read 229 times)

the_titans

• Archived User
Qwix Develoment ...
« on: December 05, 2005, 02:58:00 PM »

I've loved this program from day one (and still use it today).  It was one of those pioneering applications that contributed greatly to the scene.

But after more than two years without an update or feature enhancement, I've resigned to the fact that this great software is no longer being enhanced.

Devenic

• Archived User
Qwix Develoment ...
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 10:53:00 AM »

Thanks for the kind words.

Qwix is not dead.  Real life has a funny way of creating priorities for you.  I can assure you that much work has been done on Qwix, and I'm hoping for a new release in the not too distant future.  When?  I can't answer that, but it definitely will happen.  I have a couple of features I'm trying to find time to finish up.  It won't include all of what I hoped to put into a new version, but on the other hand Qwix already does most of what I needed it to do.

Nickp

• Archived User
Qwix Develoment ...
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 03:42:00 AM »

If you released a new version in a couple of weeks, it would be like christmas! wink.gif

Keep up the good work, it would be great to see a new version.

xalvalt

• Archived User
Qwix Develoment ...
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 04:57:00 PM »

I agree, I would LOVE to see a new version.

alexh

• Archived User
Qwix Develoment ...
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 09:32:00 AM »

I look forward to a new version of Qwix. The interface is intuative and easy. The XFER speed is acceptable. However the FATX support is quite buggy. The number of ISO's that can make Qwix crash is at least into double figures (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Extract the same ISO with xISO and FTP the files and everything is fine.

This post has been edited by alexh: Jan 3 2006, 05:44 PM

gnutellafan

• Archived User
Qwix Develoment ...
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 05:25:00 PM »

Devenic, any chance of the AVA team considering opening the source code for both AVA and Qwix? I understand that you may not have as much time to work on it but thats all the more reason to open the source code so that if someone else in the community wanted they could add to the project. Ive always loved both AVA and QWIX and would love to see them live on...

Devenic

• Archived User
Qwix Develoment ...
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 08:15:00 PM »

Probably not much chance of that, for various reasons related to the source code itself, and I won't really go into why that's the case.  But I assure you that Qwix development is very active; 2.0 is shaping up very nicely.  I hope everyone finds it worth the wait because it has been quite a lot of work.

gnutellafan

• Archived User
Qwix Develoment ...
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2006, 09:22:00 PM »

Any chance of adding XBMC support for QWIX 2.0?? I know its not your teams dash but its a very popular dash and as far as anyone could tell AVA is pretty much a dead project.

Devenic

• Archived User
Qwix Develoment ...
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2006, 10:52:00 PM »

Some of the enhanced FTP features offered by Avalaunch obliterate the performance you can achieve through normal FTP commands.  I've been trying to convince the XBMC team to support the functionality that Qwix uses in order to make the operations perform in a timely manner.  So far, no luck.  Cast your vote with the XBMC team to support Qwix.  I've already told them they have my full support in seeing 100% Qwix/XBMC compatibility.

Qwix provides some degree of functionality with XBMC (among other dashes), but I'm not going to create standard FTP versions of all features because I found the performance to be horrible due to the nature of FTP.  It's the entire reason we added additional features to Avalaunch.

gnutellafan

• Archived User
Qwix Develoment ...
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2006, 02:51:00 PM »

Any chance you would be willing to submit the FTP code changes needed? I will certainly give my vote for boost mode in XBMC, in fact its a feature I have wanted for some time. Its just great to know you are behind it as well.

gnutellafan

• Archived User
Qwix Develoment ...
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2006, 03:26:00 PM »

I posted a thread here:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=485340

So if anyone else wants this feature please go and vote and leave comments.

gnutellafan

• Archived User
Qwix Develoment ...
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2006, 06:12:00 PM »

Any chance AVA could open the source for the FTP server component of AVA? It could then, if XBMC devs had any interest, be integrated into XBMC. This might be reasonable since it seems they are open to having these features, its just not a priority. And I dont think anyone will port and mod filezilla anytime soon.