xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wow Just Created My Iso With Qwix!  (Read 93 times)

nimbles

• Archived User
Wow Just Created My Iso With Qwix!
« on: January 28, 2004, 01:52:00 AM »

blink.gif !!

How on earth did that happen- i've always used simplexiso partly cos it has, in my humble opinion, always been the least "computer consuming" iso tool, and just used qwix for ftp transfer- suffice to say this is all i'll be using from now on

Great tools guys-

Three quick things

1. Does the efficient iso creation method improve actual read speeds/ dvd-r access times etc for games?

2. If i lend the dvd-r to a friend and he rips it to his hd, will the size be that of the iso or the "windows size"

3. and finally- is qwix as yet capable of reading xiso's burned on a dvd-r from a pc drive (like xiso 115 is)?

if so i can do away with all other iso tools now!!

Thanks you so much for qwix (and avalaunch)

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 02:11:00 AM »

1.  A few of us have tested boot times from DVD-R (Qwix ISO vs GDF ISO) and there was no difference.  The optimization in a Qwix ISO is in how quickly it can be extracted, especially to the Xbox via FTP in Qwix.

2.  My understanding is that the files would be the same size as the burned DVD-R.  Cross-linking files means that if there are duplicate files anywhere in the volume, it removes all but one of them and any references made to the removed files in the XBEs are changed to point to the remaining file.

3.  No, Qwix is not yet capable of reading a disc burned in GDFS.

nimbles

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 03:05:00 AM »

thanks Xeero

I was a little worried about the cross linking issue as there are always a mxm_entry.xml and mxm_ss.wmv files in all my multi's (one is game info and the other is game preview video)- was kind of panicking thinking that qwix was gonna see these 3 sets of indentically named filenames  and delete 2 of them, but thankfully it didn't.

once again great job on this nifty program